DivvyCloud is looking for a dynamic UX Design to join our team. Here at DivvyCloud we’re a mission-critical software solution that protects cloud infrastructure from security vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will need to have a dedicated work ethic, work well under pressure, and be highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate. The ability to multi-task is essential.
DivvyCloud protects cloud and container environments from misconfigurations, policy violations, threats, and IAM challenges. With automated, real-time remediation DivvyCloud customers achieve continuous security and compliance, and can fully realize the benefits of cloud and container technology. Freedom is good. Chaos is bad. We are a growing team with the support of a $19M growth round led by Providence Strategic Growth and have won numerous awards including 2019 Fortress Cyber Security Award, 2019 CyberSecurity Excellence Awards, and 2019 Infosec Awards from Cyber Defense Magazine.
What’s in it for you?Join a fast-growing start-up in the exploding market space of cloud computingCompetitive salary, 401k program, stock option programGreat health, dental and vision insuranceCasual, fun and dynamic office located in Rosslyn (two blocks from the Metro)Opportunities for career advancement as we grow
Company Background / CultureDivvyCloud is built and led by passionate technologists focused on building next-generation cloud automation technology. Our culture is centered around bringing together top talent to solve challenging technical problems. Passion and a self-driven personality are critical to an individual's success at DivvyCloud. Our goal is to build a culture and office environment that doesn’t feel like work, but rather is a place you want to be.
We have a proven, differentiated product; reference-able “brand-name” customers; experienced leadership; and dedicated financial backers. Our co-founders come from the online game industry (Electronic Arts) so we have fun while working hard to drive success for our customers, employees, and company.
DivvyCloud software enables organizations to achieve their cloud computing goals by simplifying and automating the lifecycle management of IT resources across leading public/private cloud platforms. DivvyCloud delivers multi-cloud infrastructure visibility, monitoring and automation to improve security, reduce costs, and ensure compliance.
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis on UX/UI artifacts
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps, mental models, and user journeys to help explain proposed UX solutions to Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Conduct usability testing
- Lead/Facilitate brainstorming meetings with Engineers, Product Managers, and Customer Success Managers
- Collaborate heavily with Front End Engineers and UI Designers to develop our Design Library
- Attend SCRUM/Sprint ceremonies
- Experienced: You have at least 5+ years experience working on Digital Applications, big bonus points if you have worked in or have knowledge in Cloud Architecture technologies.
- Agile: You’ve worked in agile environments before, and speak the languages of LEAN & SCRUM methodologies. You can start working through problems with little direction, and you react to change with grace.
- Human Centered:You’re empathetic towards the end users of our product, and have a track record of being “the voice of the user” in any room. You’ll use qualitative and quantitative feedback, as well as your own previous experience, to ensure your outputs are always grounded in the users best interest.
- Iterative: You are able to take large, complex problems and simplify them down to iterablesmaller problem sets that can be taken on experimentally to validate. You see both the big picture, and the micro-interactions at the same time. smaller problem sets that can be taken on experimentally to validate. You see both the big picture, and the micro-interactions at the same time.
- Collaborative: You love working with other teammates from a diversity of different positions within the company. You understand how valuable multiple points of view are. You know what you don’t know, and are not shy about asking questions – even if it exposes your lack of knowledge about a particular subject.
- Detailed: Your wireframes and designs can speak for themselves. You anticipate not only the needs of the user, but what engineering needs to know to successfully implement an iteration of your designs.
- Passionate: You love all things UX, and you keep up-to-date with the latest UX trends and methodologies that allow you to always be on top of best practices.
- A Natural Leader:You understand that part of a UX Designer’s role is to educate other teammates and stakeholders on what we do, how we do it, and why.
- Tools Used: We currently are using Balsamiq for wireframes and Figma for our main design tool. Sketch has been used in the past, but we are trying to transition fully to Figma. We make use of usertesting.com, FullStory & Google Analytics for Analytics. Experience with these tools is highly desired, but not necessary.
Equal Opportunity EmployerAll applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer. DivvyCloud is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.