UX/UI Product Designer
A UX / UI Product Designer brings order to chaos and defines large patterns with small tweaks. By focusing on consistent, thorough execution, they improve the work of all designers and engineers. In addition to component design and production, and patterns and usage guidelines, the role includes outreach with designers, product managers, and engineers to publicize updates to the design system and to identify design needs and use cases.
We are leading major digital products & services transformations for our clients, and our Designers can expect to play a critical part in driving the cohesive, effective, and scalable design system that can accelerate the product design process.
Location: 30% remote 70% in-office
Duration: 6 months - Contract
- Ability to create and refine a systematic and unified visual language
- Ability to create components, high fidelity prototypes, user guidelines, presentation decks, and concepts with little oversight from their Design Lead and be able to clearly articulate and present their work.
- Ability to translate requirements and synthesize insights from research.
- Ability to turn this information into useful, useable, and elegant solutions.
- Produce high-quality and thoughtful, user flows, site-maps, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes.
- Utilize systematic design language to create a cohesive digital experience.
- Be a conceptual thinker and always explore multiple directions before landing on a solution.
- Strong collaboration with all disciplines of design, product, and engineering to bring the work to life.
- Ability to handle more than one project with different timelines simultaneously and be able to represent their work.
- Ability to champion and evangelize the design system and its workflow to product designers
- 4+ years of experience working in product design with at least one year on design systems
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, or equivalent professional experience that shows your design skills.
- Knowledge of design fundamentals: visual, user experience, interaction and motion
- Proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools (ex: Sketch, Figma, InVision, Principle, Illustrator, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Confidence in your work, but you don't hold it as precious
- Significant knowledge of UX fundamentals: user-centered design process, product research, usability heuristics, information architecture, and experience design
- A strong online portfolio available for viewing
- A systematic design approach and an understanding of how each piece is part of the larger whole
- Can receive and follow creative direction and feedback from discipline leads
- Ability to explain design decisions to both designers and people outside your discipline
- A passion for being on top of new platforms and technologies
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/Git
- Self-starter who is user-focused, detailed and solutions oriented
Things that we value:
- Curious minds and an appetite for learning
- Passion for the craft
- A strong point of view with a healthy dose of humility
- A collaborative mindset, thick skin and a great sense of humor
- A personality that thrives in an agile/nimble environment