Senior UX/UI Designer
Pioneering advancements in cryptocurrencies, open assets, and smart contracts, Blockstream is the first company extending capabilities at the protocol level to support the application of Bitcoin and blockchain technology to a broad range of asset types. The extension mechanism of sidechains, the company’s initial area of focus, allows any number of so far unthought of developments to happen in an open and interoperable way. A champion of Bitcoin’s ethos, we are continuously supporting values of decentralization, end-to-end security, user control, and open, permissionless innovations.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer who will partner with the Design Lead to collaborate with our business leaders, product management, engineering teams, and our customers to build experience covering a wide range of scenarios. You'll make magic by crafting and shipping delightful experiences for people to push Bitcoin adoption. As a senior member of our design team, you may also have the opportunities to help to mentor and lead other members of our growing team.
Do you want to disrupt the financial space by creating the best in class designs for Bitcoin? Do you have a desire to contribute to the design strategy and execution for a fast-growing business with a significant impact on the world stage? If so, come join our team!
A strong preference will be given to the candidates living in Victoria. Relocation assistance is provided.
What will you do?
- Help create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Work with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to establish goals, interactions, and visuals of an array of products and websites
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and reference materials
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and new patterns for our established design language
- Ensure the development of products and websites without compromising on core experiential principles
- Work in an agile manner to adjust project goals and execute revisions while maintaining established schedules
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- Proven experience creating prototypes or wireframes for complex web applications and workflows
- Experienced working in direct collaboration with product leadership and cross-functional stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and have shown an ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system or user experience challenge
- An online portfolio demonstrating samples of deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Knowledge of Bitcoin/cryptocurrency is a plus