User Experience Design Lead
WS Audiology was formed through the partnership of Widex and the Singapore-headquartered Sivantos - two pioneers joining forces with one clear ambition: To expand hearing care for the millions of people with hearing needs.
Together, we can look back on a proud history of nearly 170 years of leading global innovation in the hearing aid industry. Today, the company employs more than 10,000 people worldwide, is active in more than 125 markets and generates more than 1.7 billion euros in revenue annually.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
To deliver on our purpose on making wonderful sound part of everyone’s life, we are
strengthening our capabilities with an additional, passionate and purpose-driven team player in our global UX team.
The team is part of R&D where two types of software products are developed. One is audiological fitting applications used at hearing care centers to adjust hearing aids. The other is mobile apps for hearing aid users to control their hearing aids and support their life.
You will be located in our CO2 neutral HQ north of Copenhagen with dynamic and progressive colleagues, who are highly skilled and empathic. You will work hard and play hard together, but you do this because you are eager to make a difference and to learn and challenge yourself.
As our UX Design Lead for mobile apps, you will shape and promote the UX design direction for our Widex branded mobile apps. You will sit together with the Mobile App development team and work according to agile methods in a cross-functional setup with Software Developers, Testers, Graphics Designers and Audiologists.
You will also participate in a weekly App Software Management meeting, where you are responsible for coordinating UX design and research work in close collaboration with Project Managers, Software Architects, Audiologists and Business Owners.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Create a UX design vision, strategy, and concepts for our Widex mobile apps
- Lead UX research and transformation of insights to strong digital concepts
- Participate in a Program Management team as coordinator of UX work
- Facilitate weekly UX design review meetings
- Advocate user-centered innovation
- Guide and inspire junior UX colleagues
- Improve UX ways-of-working
We expect you to be an expert in user-centered innovation with a strong desire to bring design thinking and practices into the organization. You are a creative visionary designer, and you also possess traditional project management skills, like scoping, planning and stakeholder management.
As a person, you are a strong communicator and know when to insist and when to accept a compromise. You are a team player, and you naturally inspire and support your UX colleagues. Creativity, system-level thinking, and a collaborative attitude are part of your strengths.
You most likely fit the following profile:
- Master’s degree in a relevant design field, like UI Design, Human Factors or Service Design
- 8+ years of user experience design work experience
- Full UX toolbox with user research, co-design facilitation, low-fi prototyping, etc.
- Domain knowledge from mobile app design and patterns is a plus
- Successful project leadership experience from digital product development
- Experience from an agile development environment – ideally SAFe
- Advanced user of Sketch
The corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Danish is an advantage.
Join WS Audiology
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We would also appreciate a portfolio with examples of your designs and approach. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is 2nd of March 2020.