Senior UX Designer
What do we want? Senior UX Designer! When do we want you? Now!
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer that can drive the design function and work with the wider team to take our product to the next level. In this role, you should be a creative person who is able to explore and communicate user needs, solve problems and measure your success. A strong portfolio of successful UX projects is essential. The aim is for you to make our product more impactful, user-friendly and competitive.
- Work with an evidence based, user centred and creative approach to improve product outcomes
- Work closely with the product team to define, ship, and improve product features. You aim big but start small.
- Be collaborative and use your emotional intelligence to foster excellent team work and decision making within the product function.
- Make your design tangible through user journeys, sketches, prototypes and wireframes.
- Identify UX performance issues in our existing product and find ways to improve it.
- Work together with product owners and senior management team to ensure the roadmap is informed and validated by research and evidence
- Build a coherent and accessible understanding of our users motivations, activities and needs. On-board the wider team onto your findings.
- Keep up to date with competitor products and industry trends
OK, That’s me, but who are you?
DrDoctor is a fast-growing digital health company founded in 2012. Our technology improves appointment scheduling, increases clinic efficiency by reducing no-shows and fills empty slots. We save the NHS millions of pounds each year and are currently deployed across 22 major hospitals around the UK including Guy’s and St Thomas’ & Great Ormond Street. With over 7 million patients active on the platform already, we’re on a journey to deliver the tools to radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and tax payers.
Tell me more! Who will I be working with?
Hi there my name is Matt and I've been working as a product owner at DrDoctor for nearly nine months. I love the working environment here: we have some big problems that need creative solutions, and everyone just pitches in together to solve them, every voice gets heard. We have a great product built on solid tech, and over the next couple of years we need to manage the careful balance between making our product even more awesome while moving our platform onto a microservice architecture, API fronted and fully cloud-native. Software is never "done" - it's a journey, not a destination!
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Proven experience designing and delivering high quality, high impact product solutions in an agile team
- Experience in planning and conducting experiments and user research (qual and quant) that inform tactical and strategic product decisions
- Experience in project planning and management
- Strong knowledge of interaction design principles
- Proficient in design software (e.g. sketch, invision, axure)
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CV’s to go through. However, we don’t wait for roles to close before going through your CV. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send an individual response if its not a match. However, if you want more details as to why, just drop us a note and we will arrange to get some feedback over to you.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick 30 minute call. Its just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue then we will invite you in to meet the team and founders. Depending on your role we may also ask you to complete an assessment.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team? Ok, you want more?
Benefits include: Flexible working (work where you are at you best and at times where you are your most productive), 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, discretionary bonus, salary reviews every 6 months, Summer rooftop party, Christmas extravaganza, yearly ski trip, yoga on a Monday and lunch and beer every other Friday!
Salary competitive and dependant on experience.
We value diversity and inclusion so we're making an effort to ensure all our job postings are gender neutral: http://gender-decoder.katmatfield.com/results/ec059913-7e4d-4571-a17e-fc7cdf357c4a
Agency note: we do all of our recruitment directly, any unsolicited CVs or profiles sent to us will be viewed as gifts and will not be considered liable for a fee.