Lead UX Researcher
Cognizant Quick Left
Cognizant has implemented an internal product accelerator program where small teams work closely together to build enterprise software products using lean and agile methodologies. The UX team at the Accelerator is made up of Researchers and Designers; together we are responsible for providing generative research, strategy, design and iterative user testing for these agile teams during the products' initial 6-month program, "LaunchPad," which culminates in a startup pitch, and after which a funding decision is granted. For funded projects, UX Researchers and Designers continue to refine, test, and implement changes to products as they enter beta, GA, and beyond. The Accelerator values individuals and their commitment to a team approach. Being part of our team includes direct and honest communication with colleagues, management, and venture leaders. We value pragmatic solutions above all else.
A UX Researcher at the Accelerator conducts both generative and evaluative research for LaunchPad products and collaborates with a UX Designer to translate findings and insights into actionable design strategy. UX Researchers are responsible for leading all research and user testings efforts on their assigned products. Each product team has ONE (1) UX Researcher who is responsible for gathering research questions, proposing and designing research studies, conducting the research, synthesizing and reporting findings, and above all, being the user expert for the product team. Experience translating research insights into design recommendations is strongly desired and ability to communicate and collaborate well with designers and developers is a must.
This position is for an experienced user researcher who excels at bringing both data-driven insights as well as creative problem solving to a research engagement. Above all else, the UX Researcher brings the ability to dive into a problem space, ask the right questions, and advocate for the needs of the user within the product development process. Be it through the creation of research plans, personas, journey maps or more, the researcher communicates the needs of the users to stakeholders, designers, project managers, and developers. We are seeking people with flexibility and creativity in their approach to user research. A good candidate will be able to communicate research findings in a way that is both diplomatic and persuasive.
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience in UX Research
- Experience planning, structuring, and conducting user interviews and usability studies independently
- Knowledge in a wide range of UX Research and synthesis methods; knowing when and why to apply them
- Ability and willingness to adapt the UX Research process to an agile environment
- Evidence of translating research outcomes into design products and practices
- Experience in survey design, knowledge of best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort collaborating with designers, as well as across departments and teams
- Experience delivering research findings to various stakeholders, engineers, and designers
- Can accept a background check and reference checks
- Experience working with enterprise software, b2b products
- Some understanding of design and prototyping tools
- Experience with UI/UX design, working collaboratively with designers
- Experience using analytics tools and A/B Testing to drive product decisions
- Location is on-site in Boulder, CO (no remote)
- Some travel for research may be required; most research is conducted remotely
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 270,000 employees, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world. Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.