Lead UX/UI Designer
Bento for Business
At Bento, we believe that there’s a better, more inclusive way for businesses to access the financial services they need. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next big FinTech startup that’s backed up by top-tier VC’s and founders with a proven track record of success.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Lead UX/UI Designer who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and has a vast understanding of the design process from end to end. You will enhance our user experience with an intuitive and friendly design based on analysis and creative patterns constructed to solve our customer’s needs. With your hands-on attitude, you'll work with the team through all parts of the design process, from concept development, design flows, interaction and visual design, to final specs. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to identify new improvement opportunities, implement innovative concepts, and create new experiences.
- Deeply understand our customers and users and be their champion
- Design seamless and intuitive user experiences across web and mobile interfaces
- Craft compelling sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups
- Create consistent and cohesive design patterns
- Partner closely with product and engineering and contribute to the product vision
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- BA/BS or Master’s degree in Design, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Human Machine Interface Design, Psychology, Sociology, or related fields
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer for web and mobile, or emerging platforms
- Previous experience designing complex, multi-functional, large-scale applications
- Strong understanding of the modern web technology stack
- Proficiency in industry UX/UI design standards and prototyping tools such as Sketch, inVision, Photoshop or equivalent
- Strong web & mobile design portfolio that showcases visual design and interaction design skills
- Detail-oriented, user-centric mindset able to deconstruct complex issues
- Knowledge of and ability to apply human behavior patterns for design recommendations
- Understanding of information architecture, design patterns, and interaction design
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, flows, ideas, rationale, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Experience with receiving and implementing feedback and constructive criticism
- Familiar with tight deadlines, changing priorities, and multidisciplinary challenges
- Ability to stay up-to-date on best practices and industry trends in UX/UI design
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We’re a startup that truly cares about its people. We have a responsibility-based culture with flexible working hours, comprehensive medical & dental benefits, commuter & FSA benefits, equity participation, unlimited vacation and most of all, the opportunity to make a huge impact in a venture with huge potential.
Come join us!
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Proactive, goal-oriented individuals who take pride in what they do
Entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people
Designers interested in crafting intuitive banking experiences to solve real customer problems