At Sova, we take real pride in our technology, whilst sticking to the Sova values of Making Science Work, Different Together, Restless Spirits, Ever Upwards. We are looking for a UX/UI Designer who will be responsible for innovating and improving the user experience across the Sova solution and website.
Working closely with multiple functions including IT, Marketing and the Sova leadership team, the UX/UI Designer will champion customer-centric solutions to optimise the digital experience for our customers.
From problem solving to new concept ideas, you have a genuine opportunity to unleash your full potential and creativity on a variety of projects.
If you’re a seasoned designer, with a love for UX and UI, and you want to play a significant role in building a dynamic, user focused multi-product platform, we’d like to meet you!
The role will include:
- Creating sketches, wireframes, user journeys and prototypes that translate business objectives and innovation initiatives into user-centric solutions.
- Supporting the IT team on gathering requirements, understanding business processes to help understand and shape what is required, so that you can design an innovative user-friendly interface that supports desktops, tablets and mobiles.
- Presenting to and taking feedback from project teams, senior management, and IT with a collaborative mind-set to create best-in-class solutions.
- Driving the user experience for brand campaigns and creative projects, in collaboration with marketing to drive, innovate and deliver winning solutions.
- Working alongside a talented digital creative team to ensure UI best-practice and usability recommendations translate in designs; acting as a consultant throughout the process.
- Collaborating with marketing on website analytics to continually deliver the best UX for our website.
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX/UI problems (e.g. responsive design).
- Defining and leading UI testing and research.
- Conducting behaviour in line with the core Sova values (Making Science Work, Different Together, Restless Spirits, Ever Upwards).
What’s the work like?
You’ll be working on a number of different tasks and projects so there will be plenty of variety and no chance of getting bored! Here’s an idea of some of the upcoming projects we have on the roadmap:
- Designing a brand new user interface for the third generation of our platform
- Gamification projects
- AI projects needing a snazzy UI to match up to the intelligent backend
- And lots more!!
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluent in design software and tools (e.g. Sketch).
- Deep understanding of UI best-practice, brand, content and design guidelines and an authoritative voice of view on how typography, colour, imagery, grid systems, and well-crafted animation/transitions impact the user experience.
- Confident in a matrixed organisation where collaboration, positive relationships and influence among cross-functional peers is key to an individual’s success.
- High degree of comfort designing for responsive and adaptive online experiences.
- Experience within a tech or creative industry (start-up or agency experience also welcome) (ideally 2+ years).
- A proven track record working across desktop and mobile experiences.
- Demonstrable experience enhancing the customer experience for websites and/or native applications through UI design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to collaborate regularly with various stakeholders at many different levels within the business.
- Ability to comfortably juggle projects and on-going tasks, working to deadlines
- Experience with user flows, customer journey mapping, people-centric UI design, and interaction/micro-interaction design.
- Competency with web analytics tools (preferred but not essential).
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, Angular Typescript JS (preferred but not essential).
- Relevant degree level qualification (HCI, computer science, graphic design, interactive design, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Where will I be working?
We recognise that work doesn’t just happen in an office, indeed at Sova all of our colleagues work flexibly. In practice this means you have access to office space in London where we regularly spend time together as a team, but you’ll also have the option to work from home. Whatever you’re doing, we’ll make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need to be effective, connected and part of the team.
Please note, we are only looking for UK based applicants as there will be a need to come into the London office at least bi-monthly.
How do I apply?
All you need to do is email across your CV to ITrecruitment@sovaassessment.com (Please include UX/UI Designer in the subject heading).