&Partners helps government, nonprofit, and commercial clients research, design, and build better products using a modern, agile, user-centered approach that is adjusted for the unique environment of each partner and project. By clearly defining the problem space, we surface smart opportunities that meet project needs.
Our staff has decades of experience in both areas, and our team has honed a balanced process for effectively delivering digital services that solve the biggest problems for the greatest number of users in the most need. Our organization parallels the tempo of commercial sector innovation but delivers meaningful software to solve society's most impactful problems. To that end, we partner with progressive and socially-impactful organizations to help them deliver better products, and we strive to improve society through design and technology.
We thoughtfully integrate design into product development. We are experts in leading the design and development of products to meet business goals, build alignment, and deliver value through technically feasible and iterative design activities: Design Translation and DesignOps.
Business objectives and human beings are at the center of our work. We work very closely and collaboratively with our partners, from solicitation through to delivery, to ensure that the product provides a high level of value to the business. Accessibility is never overlooked in our work, and our iterative approach validates the utility and delight of the final product.
&Partners is looking for a strong UX Designer to join our team.
We expect a User Experience Designer to demonstrate a clear passion and enthusiasm for learning and pursuing their expertise, constantly challenging the definition of what makes good research, analysis, synthesis, information architecture, and user experience. The individual should also demonstrate working knowledge in Visual Design and Front-End Development concepts and relationships. A UX Designer will bring user-centered design process and methods to our work wherever possible.
- Produce quality research artifacts including personas; journey maps; user and task flows; wireframes; sitemaps; and clickable prototypes; with oversight from design leadership
- Execute the various methods for user research and design strategy including heuristic evaluations, competitive analysis, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, usability testing, surveys, and interviews
- Collaborate with product managers designers, engineers, quality assurance engineers, and clients to identify the best experience that meets user, business, and technical needs
- Work closely with visual designers to provide clear artifacts
- Have strong interaction design skills and usability knowledge to make the complex clear and accessible, while understanding how it works behind the scenes and adjusting accordingly
- Present work to clients and be able to accept and respond appropriately to feedback
- Problem solve and offer ideas to address customer and client issues
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Develop skills through training courses, mentoring, and daily interactions with team members, stakeholders, and clients
- 4+ years UX design experience in a team environment
- A strong portfolio that demonstrate strong process and work solutions
- Experience creating designs, from concept through non-code prototypes with modern programs
- Experience in planning and facilitating user research activities and usability tests
- Solid UX skills, with the ability to iterate through conceptual ideas and effectively communicate concepts
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Well-rounded knowledge of design principles and techniques
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision
- Able to attend occasional in-person meetings on request and with advance notice
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
- A thoughtful documenter, communicating the important details of their work for others to follow
- Access to strong, reliable internet for remote nature of our work
- 1+ years experience working on a remote team or remote freelancing
- Prior professional services, government, or federal consulting experience
- Experience performing design challenges
- Ability to design and build clickable prototypes
- Familiarity or experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and working in Agile environments
- Experience writing or editing UX Design requirements for government proposals
- Knowledge and experience with GSuite, Slack, Zoom
- Analytical — strong analytical skills and an ability to create systems
- Planner — able to anticipate what could go wrong when planning and coordinating
- Organized — able to prioritize projects and complete tasks on time
- Self-starter — works well without a lot of direction
- Cooperative — able to manage up and work with top executives, high-level contacts; cooperate with staff across different teams
- Communicative — able to communicate ideas and create personal relationships through writing and in-person exchanges
We Don’t Care About
- Whether or not you have a degree of any kind
- Whether your educational major, if you had one, is related to this role
- Whether or not you have GitHub contributions
- Whether or not you have worked at a well-recognized company
- Whether you’re sure that you check every box. (That’s called imposter syndrome, friend.) Apply and we'll discuss it together.
&Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
We care about giving opportunities to under-represented groups, practicing continual learning and a growth mindset, and doing our part to make the world a better place for all.
Our team and our office aims to be an accessible and hospitable place to work. We welcome applicants, contractors, and employees who are committed to improving our culture and practices.