Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company is headquartered in Australia, with major hub offices in the US and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Join us as Ux/UI Designer working on Catapult products.. You will add user experience and visual design expertise to the Catapult product delivery squads, promoting the importance of a collaborative and iterative design process.
As UX/UI Designer you are responsible for creating usable, accessible and compelling user interfaces on projects ranging from wireframes and individual components to complete design systems.
- Support the successful design and delivery of projects via a clearly defined, collaborative and repeatable design process.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, detailed UI and visual design specifications for Catapult products.
- Collaborate with developers to create and maintain a well documented design system that includes guidelines and examples of how to apply design and brand styles.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with Product Owners, Designers and Engineers to gather relevant feedback and ensure designs can be efficiently translated into a working product.
- Be a champion for user testing to get your solutions in front of customers. Integrate multi-variant tests to learn why variants work. And be willing to conduct scrappy, around-the-office user testing in all stages of the product cycle.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years experience in a similar UI design role with a portfolio showing examples of how you:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in HCI, computer science, Interaction Design or a related field, or equivalent practical experience, or equivalent industry specific experience.
- Create, document and manage a design system.
- Create intuitive, elegant and compelling UI interfaces for complex interactions.
- Walk through a learning experience where a project was not scoped well enough and then describe the processes that you helped put in place to ensure the delivery of quality design.
- Confident presenting to groups and facilitating testing sessions.
- Solid understanding of desktop, web, mobile accessibility and standards, common UI patterns and usability best practices.
- Experience working in an Agile or Lean environment.
- Aligned with Catapult’s values.
- Past experience with product related UI such as wearables or consumer goods preferred.
- A demonstrated passion for elite sport preferred.
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.