SymSoft is a design and technology company looking for a UX Designer to join our fast growing design team in North Natomas — one of the most convenient Sacramento neighborhoods right here in the heart of California.
Your skills in delivering compelling visual designs will contribute to our award winning digital solutions. You will work with high-profile organizations to improve how they deliver content and provide services to end customers.
What you’ll do:
- Design digital interfaces, with a focus on information and interactions for enterprise and government organizations that have a lasting impact on the end customers.
- Bring design to life. We value all types of visual and interactive prototyping. Work with the team to communicate design ideas to the stakeholders in the most efficient fashion.
- Contribute to important decisions about the way our websites and products look, feel, and interact. Establish standards for the visual design quality and present best-practices to the project team and your peers.
- Understand and advocate for the customer. Work with UX researchers (or conduct your own research) from initial customer discovery through to visual attitude and usability testing.
- Design with accessibility and inclusion in mind. Understand WCAG 2.1 and Section 508 accessibility guidelines and recommendations.
- Grow. Further develop your skills, and learn how to take ownership of important aspects of the design beyond structural and surface design.
- Collaborate. Work with a team whose diversity of approaches brings variety to your ideas and design solutions. Utilize different team members’ skills to deliver the best results.
- Deliver. Use a progressive enhancement approach and prioritize the must-have over the nice-to-have assets and features.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong understanding of the elements of visual design — typography, photography, color and layout.
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to cross-functional teams with different backgrounds.
- Awareness of how design patterns and front-end frameworks affect the design process. Every design decision will influence the final design system and technical implementation.
- A responsive design approach that favors proportions over pixels and multi-resolution environments.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to contribute to meaningful projects.
- A good sense of humor.
To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and portfolio with examples of process and evolution of work (not only the final results).
At SymSoft, you will be surrounded by peers who are committed to helping each other grow through collaboration and ongoing feedback. If you’re looking to grow your career and improve your skills working on some of the largest projects in California that serve millions of customers, this is the right place for you.Requirements
- BA / BS in a design-related field, or comparable work experience.
- 3–5 years of experience as a digital designer.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and / or similar visual design software.
- Skilled in using prototyping tools (Adobe XD, InVision, Figma)
- Bonus Skill: Basic understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and Accessibility Standards.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health / dental plan, paid time off and holidays.
- Complimentary snacks, soft drinks, tea and coffee.
- High-profile projects that will get attention and an opportunity to build your personal brand.