We are looking for a UI Designer to deliver a world-class user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive application design by collecting, researching, investigating and evaluating user requirements and integrating those alongside business and technology requirements. Managing the hygiene of across our products and features to uphold and deliver best-practice. Turn our software into easy-to-use, frictionless and creates measurable improvements for our users. Ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, through exceptional visual design.
The successful candidate will evidence a passion for delivering adaptive and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems by staying up to date with best practices and emerging trends in user experience design and user interface technology.
UI Designer Job Responsibilities:
User Research: Engage users and apply best practice research methods to capture, translate and document findings ensuring that the team are involved in research activities.
Prototyping Design: Outstanding web, tablet and mobile concepts in sketches through to wireframe using various prototyping formats and top prototyping tools. Apply interactive elements to make the pages ready for user research and usability testing.
Interface Design: Responsible for the conceptualizing, iteration and development of our product’s interface design and supporting design language system and seamless user experience across each platform and product.
Interaction Design: Outstanding skills at creating engaging web interfaces with logical and throughout behaviors and actions. You use technology and principles of good communication to create desired user experiences.
User Testing: Test the usability of the interface and the feasibility, desirability and viability of the product by users, iterate around insights and test using both qualitative and quantitative methods deliver the best possible solution.
Optimal Experience: Setup, manage and optimize the design across our products and features so that the product meets the needs of users seamlessly across our platforms and mediums.
Requirements Analysis: Apply best practices to document use flow diagrams. Make low-fidelity prototypes and modify them according to business and development sprint cycles.
Documentation: Functional specifications in the product backlog, with the teams collaborative contribution, manage the cyclical design process to ensure that user requirements are documented and mapped to business requirements before going to development. Demonstrate measurable improvements in the design.
Work Hours & Benefits
100% Remote - Work from home WHEREVER you want and in business hours WHENEVER you want. We care more about you delivering excellent project outcomes then we do what hours you worked
Impact project - If you love and appreciate the value of design in product teams, then this project is undoubtedly one for the portfolio.
Talented team - Your colleagues have worked at IDEO, razorfish, Google, Apple, to name a few - you’re in good company.
Payroll and conditions - We pay on time and/or when each milestone of work is delivered - we never fail. We work transparently and expect nothing less than exceptional quality - would you want to provide anything less? Of course not!
UI Designer Qualifications / Skills:
*MUST HAVE: *
- At least 3 years of experience as a UI-UX Designer or similar role
- UI design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver
- Result-driven, ability to create momentum based on the ultimate goal of getting things done
- Result oriented, ability to recognize what results are important
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human-Computer Interaction.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- A user-centric mindset
- Creative and analytical approach
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- Ability to collaborate with different teams
- Adept at handling and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to understand data and convert it into effective copy
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Background in designing for mobile-first platforms
- Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology
- Startup mindset, passion for ongoing learning and ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment
- Remote team experience
- Active listening.
NICE TO HAVE:
Knowledge of / experience in marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics or information science, with a solid understanding of user experience design
Ability to translate design artifacts into usable code
Solid grasp of CI/CD pipeline and associated tooling
Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
Professional written and interpersonal skills
Ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
Customer Service skills