Who are we?
We’re applying our technology today to tangible problems that affect many thousands of people across the world, and making a real difference. Our AI can assess damage from looking at photographs and can estimate repair costs in real time. This means insurance claims can be settled quicker and livelihoods restored. Our deep learning algorithms can learn to recognise anything on an image that an expert can. But their speed, scale and cost are incomparable. We are using these algorithms to transform industries that suffer from slow or expensive visual inspections. Our first use-case is in automotive insurance, but the potential for our technology is vast, with potential expansion into construction, health and beyond. Our technology is patented and trained on one of the largest datasets in the industry. On top of that, we’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, ownership, flexible working and more.
Product Development @ Tractable
Our vision for our products is to simplify and accelerate claim journeys. The way we build our product is by putting a team together with all the skills and context it needs to be able to solve problems. This means you will be working alongside software engineers, Machine Learning engineers, data scientists and product managers to work on a variety of problems. You will be working out how we can best help people after an accident, figuring out how we can assist the different stakeholders working on claims, and finding ways we can simplify processes and help thousands around the world recover faster from an accident.
There are 3 key aspects of how we do product development:
- We define, value and appreciate success through our team achievements.
- We define done when something we build has an impact in the real world, to real users, with real results.
- We seek whatever can help us find the best idea and make a better decision. We love to challenge ideas because that is how ideas improve and get from good to really great.
As a product designer at Tractable, you will have ownership of:
- Researching and creating an understanding of our users, their journeys and workflows.
- Transforming complex tasks into intuitive and easy-to-use designs for all our end-users, from first-time users to experts.
- Advocating for the users of our technology.
What you will be doing:
- You will work closely with product managers, engineers, researchers and cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You will work embedded in a product development team to understand requirements, and iterate on creative, thoughtful solutions.
- You will communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- You will help integrate user feedback and customer requirements into ongoing updates of our products.
- You will advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes and improvements to our products.
Skills / experience we’re looking for:
- Experience working as a Product Designer.
- Strong experience conducting user research.
- An impressive portfolio of work supporting your experience creating great user experiences.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
Some 'nice to haves' for us would be::
- Experience building and documenting design systems
- Experience designing simple solutions to complex problems for non-consumer users
- Strong visual design skills
- Knowledge of emerging tech and trends in the insurance / automotive space.
- Competitive salary & 6 month salary reviews
- Pension scheme
- Flexible Working
- L+D budget
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Daily snacks & soft drinks
- Regular company events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, Monthly Brunch and more
Here at Tractable we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome, we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.