Airlift is building the world’s first decentralized mass transit network that enables local transporters to deploy mass transit systems for local populations. In the first year of launching operations, Airlift has raised $14.1M USD in venture financing and has scaled the business to multiple tens of thousands of daily rides. Airlift is backed by First Round Capital, a premier venture capital firm that is known for its seed stage investment in Uber.
About the Role:
This role will focus on empathising with our customers’ and pilots’ needs, understanding what is required of them, how they’re currently interacting with our products and redesigning interfaces to ensure an intuitive and seamless user experience. You would be working directly with the product managers in improving our product, shaping the product roadmap and executing on the product vision.
- Conducting direct research with customers and pilots to understand their needs and problems at the micro-level.
- Using analytical tools to discover pain-points and later to test the impact of your new designs by understanding how users are using the products at the macro-level.
- Proposing wireframes and mock-ups that solves the users’ pain-points, and working with product managers on product documentation.
- Directly working with product managers to relay feedback, understand the product roadmap and proposing designs/wireframes for new features.
- Conducting design tests to test the effectiveness of your proposed designs before they go into production.
- Assisting the engineering team during the development of your proposed features.
- A portfolio of previous product designs where you contributed significantly.
- Extreme curiosity over human-computer interaction and product design.
- Understanding of modern design principles and universal symbols.
- Proficiency in using design tools, such as Adobe Illustrator, Sketch.com, Balsamic, Photoshop etc, to create mockups and wireframes.
- Strong communication skills in English and Urdu.
- Past experience or a strong willingness to learn analytical tools like Firebase, Facebook Analytics, Mixpanel etc
- Sufficient understanding of how apps are built, on mobile-side and server-side, by engineers would be a big plus.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team,
- A respectful environment that offers career growth opportunities,
- Support and dedication of other team members toward your development,
- Competitive remuneration with increases to remain above market.
Just so you know:
Airlift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. Airlift is committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability. The Airlift team is diverse -- we welcome and learn from different individual experiences and points of view that our team members bring to the table. We're excited to have you inspire us with yours!