Senior Product Designer
If you or a loved one has ever experienced a major medical event, you know how overwhelming it is to process the flood of information that follows—whether it’s hastily delivered guidance from your doctor, or a pile of paperwork on managing your recovery. And once you get home, it can feel impossible to know where to start, or how to stay on track to reach your health goals.
At Wellframe, we’re helping healthcare organizations fill this gap, so people can get the holistic resources and support they need to feel their best, outside traditional care delivery settings. Through our patented platform, Wellframe translates evidence-based, peer-reviewed guidelines and literature into an interactive daily checklist delivered to patients through the Wellframe mobile app. As patients engage with the Wellframe app, their data is shared in real time with their care team through the care team dashboard, which utilizes advanced algorithms to generate early intervention alerts. With secure two-way messaging, Wellframe facilitates long-term, trusted relationships between patients and care teams.
We’re scaling a world class product team, comprised of product managers and product designers working on autonomous teams with software engineers and data scientists to make health care easier. Our culture is agile, curious, innovative, data- and design-driven.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a strong interest in systems design and building workflow-oriented solutions who will help us mature the tools that our clients and internal teams use to configure our digital engagement platform. If successful, we’ll make consumer engagement core to every health plan’s infrastructure and create a member experience akin to delightful interactions consumers expect of retail and entertainment.
On the team, our Senior Product Designer will:
- Be a relentless advocate for our clients and users, take pride in ensuring features are brought to the market successfully, and create a value-driven and outcomes-focused design strategy to take our desktop and mobile products to the next level.
- Thrive in ambiguity, and bring energy, curiosity, and passion for all things design.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to execute against our product roadmap in an iterative, elegant, and user-centric way.
- Contribute across many facets of our product, collaborate effectively across the organization, demonstrate strong problem-solving, and deeply empathize with our users.
- Contribute to our continuous discovery process and scalable design strategy that will enable customer, patient, and company success.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Management, this role will be responsible for:
- Conducting research to inform product decisions and design
- Inform our user-centered design process through surveys, user interviews, and data analysis
- Partner with product management to involve engineering, analytics, and other key stakeholders to effectively diagnose complex problems and drive requirements that take into account all parties' needs and solve problems in a global way
- Create prototypes to communicate and test complex ideas with team members, stakeholders, and users
Producing designs that drive desired product outcomes
- Creatively approach problem-solving with iterative improvements while also taking holistic consideration for our product’s future
- Define, ideate, and validate product solutions with end users
- Balance existing visual and UX patterns with platform-specific patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience
- Produce beautiful, high-fidelity mockups of design solutions, which adhere to Wellframe’s design principles and design system
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to ensure that product features are built as intended
Inspiring design thinking and user experience strategy throughout Wellframe
- Test designs (e.g. concept testing, usability testing) with internal stakeholders and external clients and users
- Collaborate with product marketing and client strategy & operations as related to go-to-customer and release planning activities
- Inspire enthusiasm and support for user-centered design practices throughout the organization
- Help build organizational empathy for Wellframe users
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping digital products
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, UX Design, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- Expert in building blocks of product management (discovery, user research, A/B testing, agile)
- Experience designing cross-platform, end-to-end product features (e.g. web, iOS, or Android)
- Expert knowledge of fundamental UX and UI design principles, concepts, and tools (research, user testing, wire-framing, prototyping, visual design, persona creation, and journey mapping)
- A curiosity to learn and a willingness to adapt as new and different challenges emerge
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.