Senior UX Developer
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down. UX Developers are an integral part of our UX team and bridge the gap between UX and Engineering. They are responsible for building and maintaining exceptional user experiences for over a million merchants – and their customers – worldwide. Along with creating the thoughtful interfaces our users have come to expect, our UX Developers help shape our design language and contribute to our shared component libraries in a maintainable and scalable way within Shopify’s technical architecture.
We’re looking for people to join the team who are excited about building human-centred experiences. There are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
- Expertise in building user interfaces that are interactive, inclusive, performant, and reusable
- Application of modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries across systems with scalability in mind
- An understanding of HTML semantics and ARIA roles, and knowing their correct application
- Expertise in building modular, reusable, flexible components and accessible interfaces. Especially with React.
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers, researchers and other developers to prototype early concepts to vet ideas
- Awareness of web accessibility and empathy for building products for people with different abilities and needs.
You'll get to do things like
- Learn the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Content Strategists, and UX Researchers
- Be an advocate throughout our team, and the company for great UX
- Working with Shopify’s design system, Polaris, building upon it to for new audiences
- Translating brand language into the UX on new Shopify products
- Learn through peer mentorship and collaboration.
- Managing, or contributions to an open source library
- Experience in a UX development role on a commerce site, or a marketing site promoting a product or service
- Experience with product design systems
- Experience with Typescript
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Leah is looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: April 1st, 2020 at 5pm CET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.