Senior Product Designer
Quizlet’s mission is to help students (and their teachers) practice and master whatever they are learning. Every month more than 50 million active learners from 130 countries practice and master more than 300 million study sets on every conceivable topic and subject. We are developing new learning experiences by modeling how students learn and drawing upon knowledge acquisition, retention, and pedagogy in cognitive science. We are always seeking to help students master any subject by optimizing study efficiency and engagement.
The Subscriptions team is core to Quizlet and drives business growth for the company. We take pride in keeping Quizlet free for anyone to use. Free access is made possible by our growing base of upgraded users (both students and teachers) who pay to access our premium features such as offline studying and custom creation tools.
Come help us scale one of the fastest growing and highest quality consumer learning brands, as we develop innovative simple-to-use study tools that help students everywhere.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Subscriptions team, you would work with a diverse cross-functional team to enhance the feature set and capabilities of our Go, Plus, and Teacher subscriptions, making them indispensable to our students and teachers. You’ll define what value propositions we should focus on to make our user’s lives better and to grow our subscriptions revenue dramatically.
You will be involved in every step of design, including research, ideation, mapping user flows, creating mockups and designing high-fidelity UIs across our website and native apps. You’ll bring your voice and ideas to our small, talented design team, helping to shape the future of design at Quizlet.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll own large design initiatives from beginning to end
- You'll partner with product management and engineering leads to define the product vision and strategy for Quizlet’s Go, Plus and Teacher subscriptions.
- You'll l bring clarity to ambiguous problems through user research, rapid prototyping, and in-product testing.
- You'll design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant.
- You'll constantly push yourself and the team to raise the design bar at Quizlet through a culture of feedback and open communication.
- You'll build empathy and user insight for our users and their needs
- You have 4+ years of design experience, working primarily in large-scale consumer web products
- You have strong end-to-end design skills, including UX, UI, IxD, visual design and prototyping skills
- You have experience identifying new-to-world features and delivering business results
- You have experience thinking at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “How it should look” but “What we should build.”)
- You have experience building and shipping web and mobile features
- You are comfortable working on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced startup environment with imperfect information and limited resources, employing a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
Quizlet's Team Culture
We are here to make education better and more accessible. We strive to improve the lives of students and teachers at every stage and in every setting. We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do. We sweat the details and take personal accountability and pride in anything that carries the Quizlet name. We speak up, jump in and work with each other to fix problems, and never say "that's not my job." We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!