Senior Product Designer
On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work two years in a row, our CEO consistently has a 95+ percent approval rating; nearly 90% say they’d recommend Metromile to a friend. We recently won the Fintech Breakthrough Awards for the Best Insurtech Company.
About the role
Metromile recently launched a new B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer responsible for owning the design of new features and delivering a beautiful and engaging product experience in a collaborative, dynamic, and iterative environment. We are looking for strong product designers to join our small team as we scale the product and design organization. Reporting to the Head of Design for Metromile Enterprise, you will work with other team members to craft experiences for both our suite of web-based products. If you’re an expert in product, visual, UI, or UX design looking to join the tight-knit team we’d love to hear from you!
- Work within the design, product, and engineering teams on a variety of features and products
- Champion the users' point of view in discussions of new product features, and proactively seek user feedback to validate your ideas
- Partner with our product management team to deliver a unified vision of how our products work
- Design high-fidelity visual comps, prototypes, and design communication/specs to convey your vision
- Own the product design for a facet of the platform, both designing for the roadmap and ideating with product on possible future states
- Work directly with the engineering team to launch high quality features/products on time
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of your design, product, and development triumvirate
- Revise your designs based on design reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, and customer support feedback
- 3-4+ years experience in product design
- Portfolio examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through final implementation
- Experience assimilating customer feedback received through user research, user feedback, user testing, etc. (extra special bonus points if you were involved in the research!)
- Experience creating or a desire to invest time in learning to build functional prototypes (using HTML, CSS, etc) and working closely with product management and dev teams to implement your design solutions
- Proficient with a wide arsenal of design software packages and tools (Sketch, Figma, Abstract)
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.