Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank built to meet the needs of people with unique lives who have been overlooked by the traditional banking industry. We believe banking should be accessible and affordable for all Americans and are bringing premium financial services to everyone, regardless of age or income level, to help improve financial outcomes.
About the Role:
Current is looking for an exceptional Product Designer to join our mobile team in New York. We combine a diligent, user-centered approach to design with a passion for beautiful and highly-polished experiences.
You would be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to prototypes and UX design, to user interface design for iOS, Android and Web. You should have strong visual, and user experience sensibilities, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes through to high-fidelity prototypes and asset production
- Iterate on existing designs to consistently improve the user experiences
- Work closely with product and engineering to formulate hypotheses, validate them and iterate
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment
- You have worked with teams to build and ship mobile products that users love
- You love to learn and you are not shy about asking questions
- You take pride in the outstanding quality of your designs but you can also aggressively prioritize, ship quickly, iterate and, most importantly, hear other people’s feedback
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, and you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- You are comfortable sketching on whiteboards, producing tons of wireframes and adjusting icons at 1600% zoom
- You have experience in creating designs for mobile and web, and aggressively stay on top of the latest platform standards
- You love working in teams and work great under pressure
- 2+ years of experience designing and shipping products across mobile and web (we are willing to accommodate a wide range of experience levels)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating pixel-perfect visual designs, and interactive designs
- Ability to clearly articulate your reasoning behind design decisions
- Experience working closely with engineers, including communication, understanding platform limitations, and asset production
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of users, often different from yourself, to understand what they need..
- Proficient in Sketch
- A mobile-focused portfolio
- User testing experience
- Prototyping in Principal, or similar tools
- Icon design and animation experience
- Working within existing design libraries and patterns.
- Asset hand-off with Zeplin
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, vision benefits with 100% premium covered for employees
- Unlimited vacation days and paid holidays
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employee commuter benefits
- Company equity & discretionary performance bonuses
- Healthcare and Dependant care FSA benefit
- A collaborative open floor plan in our Soho-based office with a stocked fridge and kitchen, occasional catered lunches, hot and cold drinks, and happy hours