ABOUT CAPITAL: Capital (www.captec.io) is a New York-based investment startup that is augmenting decades of financial markets expertise with a proprietary set of AI / machine learning tools designed to disrupt the traditional financial ecosystem and reimagine antiquated investment processes that have failed to keep pace with technology. The company was founded by alumni from Stanford, Oxford (Rhodes Scholarship), Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), KPMG, Class Dojo, and more. The team has over 75 years of experience on Wall Street and Silicon Valley, has raised over $250M to date from top-tier investment firms and has recently been featured in TechCrunch and Business Insider.
CAPITAL is seeking candidates for an in-person Product Designer position who are available to start immediately.
WHAT DOES A PRODUCT DESIGNER DO AT CAPITAL?
- Prototype and design the user experience of our client-facing web application to make sure our customers can clearly understand the complex data and results we need to communicate.
- Gather and review the analytics from our services to make informed decisions about the features we'll be adding to our product. Talk with our sales team and customers directly to learn if the information we are presenting is clear and actionable.
- Work side by side with our financial team and software engineers to communicate the solutions and lay down the path our product will follow in the upcoming future.
- Prototype and design the information presented to our customers using design tools such as Sketch and Zeplin, as well as to properly anticipate the needs of the resulting design and collaborate closely with our engineering team to build the proposed features into our product.
- Collaborate with our marketing and investor relations team to help position Capital as the go-to company when companies search for debt funding.
WHAT SKILLS HAVE YOU MASTERED PROFESSIONALLY TO PREPARE YOU TO BE A PRODUCT DESIGNER AT CAPITAL?
- 3+ years of experience designing products as an Individual Contributor across all phases of design, including Research, Prototyping, Testing, and Implementation
- Expertise using tools such Sketch and Zeplin to communicate designs to engineering
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to understand end-to-end technical processes, and presents solutions to real problems that businesses dealing with other businesses have
- Ability to research, explore, and consolidate complex flows of information and present them in a reasonable, easy-to-understand UI for your clients and users.
- Cross-functional experience developing and sharing insights across multiple teams to improve efficiency and speed across an organization
- Although not necessary, experience working on investing-oriented products in capital markets or venture capital, experience with analytic tools (eg. Amplitude, Heap) to gather product insights and experience working with sales and financial underwriting teams are a definite bonus
HOW WILL CAPITAL SUPPORT YOU?
- We are owners who are myopic about productivity regardless of how that is accomplished meaning unlimited PTO and a flexible WFH policy are important facets of our culture.
- We know that the best solutions come from synthesizing from a broad base of knowledge so we offer a learning stipend to pursue any kind of professional development or continuing education related or unrelated to your field.
- We believe that performing at your best is only possible when you have a strong foundation of health. We offer platinum medical, vision and dental coverage and OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents. We also offer gym memberships, FSAs & HSAs.
- Many of us recharge through our families and we are all passionate about building a better future. It is only natural for us to offer unlimited parental leave and fertility benefits.
- We "eat our own cooking" so offer 401k plans which can be co-invested into Capital's balance sheet vehicles making Capital's stellar investment performance available to you.
- We know that innovation is most possible when your needs are met so we offer stipends for wellness, transportation, and electronics (laptops, headphones, monitors - anything you need to do your best work)