At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Product Design role is to design testable concepts, focused on digital, but which span across all communication channels. The Product Designer will work with product managers, developers and other designers to explore new experiences, concepts and feature for delivery to Delta customers.
How you will make an impact:
- Partners with Product Management, Customer Success, and Engineering to identify requirements, use-cases, and intended behavior.
- Uses data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centric designs.
- Illustrates and communicates complex design solutions across use-cases by creating process flows, wireframes, motion studies, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups.
- Collaborates with Engineering throughout the product development life cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the high quality bar.
- Develops and maintains detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides.
- Develops prototype designs into interactive prototypes, demonstrating usage cross-platform.
- Makes use product analytics to segment and continuously improve the user experience.
- Regularly presents to senior leaders for review and feedback.
What we look for:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in digital design.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using: Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision or similar prototyping software, Other design software
- Excellent user experience design skills.
- A strong sense of visual design including composition, color and typography.
- Excellent production skills – ability to design and generate pixel accurate assets.
- Experience conducting user research including in-person user testing.
- Ability to bring together complex requirements, legal, and regulatory constraints to design an elegant solution.
- Experience with iterative, user focused, design principals. Experience working with developers to bring their designs to life. Experience with modular component based design systems.
- Experience working with strict brand guidelines and standards.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.