To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This is a core role for the Jagex Publishing Platform product team, to help define and then design the UX and UI of the platform’s product proposition. The Publishing Platform is the foundation on which all future game products will be built and the need to present a highly refined and accessible UX to both developers and players alike is paramount. As part of the Product Team, you will work with all Product Owners to help define the product vision, including the value proposition, and then work to ensure that the products are designed in such a way so that once delivered, they maximise that value for the end user and/or customer. This is a significant role that gives you the ability to impact the user experience of multiple customer groups and multiple products across the company.
- Work with the Product Owner team to define the customer experience designs of the products involved
- Collaborate with product owners and engineers, participating in all phases of a product, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
- End-to-end responsibility for the design process from inception to delivery through cross-functional agile team
- Initiate and own design problem statements across multiple product teams, defining strategy and pushing the product design forward
- Lead user research and build empathy for the user within the product teams
- Produce wireframes, low-fidelity designs & prototypes
- Ensure that the experiences we design are backed by solid research, validating hypotheses through user & A/B testing
- Effectively communicate design decisions, backing them up with data, user research and best practice design trends
- Elevate the whole team and be their ambassador for UX internally and externally
- A provable track record of realized value in part due to excellent customer design work for multiple different types of end user
- Experience designing for complex products and interfaces that are data-heavy
- You have experience using Sketch, Figma, InVision, Principle/Framer or similar
- Experience working directly with developers, so some knowledge of development language would be a bonus
- Some experience with Photoshop
- Experience of working as part of an agile product team
- Experience of working with Scrum agile framework
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.