Junior Product Designer
We're looking for a Junior Product Designer to join our team to help change the way the world deals with death. This is an incredible opportunity to have a real impact on people’s lives, by building products that empower them to navigate some of life’s hardest moments.
As well as working day to day in a multi-disciplinary product team, you’ll be joining a fast-growing design guild. At the moment we’re two product designers, a user researcher, copywriter and marketing designer.
As a Junior Product Designer at Farewill, over the next 12 months you’ll:
- hone your design skills by working across the whole product design process
- take ownership of individual projects, whilst pairing with other designers on trickier problems
- learn about research and how to use it to make better design decisions
- be part of a thriving and supportive design, research and content team
Who you are:
You’re someone who’s starting a career in product design. You might have some industry experience, have just finished studying, or be changing your career.
What matters more is that you’re excited to learn and grow in a fast-paced team, and you’re motivated by the challenge of delivering beautifully simple solutions for users. You’re the kind of person who takes charge of their own learning, who knows their strengths and where they want to develop.
We’re looking for someone who:
- has a good understanding of the design process and can demonstrate it with a portfolio
- is motivated by working on the important challenges Farewill is tackling
- is proactive and loves the challenge of working things out, both on their own and as part of a wider team
- is an excellent communicator
- is self-motivated and organised
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership!
- The chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Please note - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all Farewill employees are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.