Alto is building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our team is dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
As the Product Designer for our pharmacy platform, you’ll work closely with your product manager, engineering leads, and operations teams to take ownership of solving our biggest product challenges. You will be involved in driving the end-to-end development process: from early research, to developing a vision, to polished pixels and launch. There is a massive opportunity to provide value as we rethink the platform that enables over 250 pharmacy employees to provide exceptional service to our patients. The work that you and your team will do here will help us scale as we expand to 50 fulfillment centers across the US, enabling a greater level of access for people to their life-saving medications.
- Collaborate in the development and delivery of solutions that meet intended project goals and result in outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, operations team, and other designers to ensure designs drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Create innovative and creative design solutions that turn complexities into elegant, efficient user experiences
- Facilitate cross functional teams to find the best solutions for the users and the business
- Participated and sometimes drive user research, both ethnographic and usability studies
- Exemplify best design practices
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 3-8 years of professional experience designing user-friendly products for web and mobile
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipping of large feature sets that drove user or business outcomes; strong skills in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams product design from opportunity development, to concept, to shipment
- Strong visuals and verbal communication skills
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity
- Experience in user testing tools and methodologies and the ability to translate insights into actions
- A BFA or MFA in a fields of interaction, graphic, or industrial design (preferred)
- Experience working on complex enterprise software with operations teams (preferred)
- Healthcare or supply chain experience (preferred)
- Past design or management consulting experience (preferred)