Improbable has created SpatialOS: a networking solution combining low latency, tools for faster iteration, and a ready-to-go architecture capable of supporting innovative games.
Now the Improbable Defence division, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modelling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defence users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness.
You will join a growing team with immediate opportunity for impact, helping to design and create a new platform for decision making and virtual training. You will be building a new class of application, critical to our vision, significantly enhancing the security of nation states. Your users will be key figures in our military; with the tooling we build vastly increasing the capabilities for planning and meeting the threats of the modern world.
You will join a small team of product designers with deep appreciation for modern product development and design principles and processes. We are innovative and optimistic; we are also pragmatic and we execute at the highest standard.
This role is critical for our success. Some of the interesting design challenges include developing a scalable UI system for map data interaction and visualisation and a streamlined workflow for the highly iterative operational planning process, or even reimagining military wargaming.
- You will work collaboratively with Product Managers, User Researchers and other Product Designers to translate insights from our customers into design concepts that can be tested and validated.
- You will work cross functionally to define and prioritise the features that are most valuable to our end users.
- You will help tie together engineering and design to create a singular product design vision that wows our users and deliver critical new capabilities for them.
- You will drive the development of wireframes and user task flows, developing a sense for how users will interact with the new capabilities our product provides.
- You will help shape our design system and will become an expert in how the defence industry leverage simulation platforms to save money and keep us safe.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You consider yourself fluent in modern product design approaches and foundational interaction design principles and patterns.
- You likely will have experience of shipping web-based digital products, ideally in a B2B setting.
- You have a deep sense of user empathy and will constantly ensure we’re focussed on building value for our customers.
- You may have had experience bringing products from ideation through to production, and understand the associated challenges and risks in this journey.
- We’d particularly like to hear from those of you who have end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI, from discovery to delivery) product design, and an understanding of front-end technologies.
- Since our product is data-intensive, we’d also really like to hear from those of you with experience with data visualisation and/or geographic information systems (GIS).
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.