Tripadvisor is the world’s largest travel platform. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to us each month to discover, book, and share their expertise around the best things to do, places to eat, and places to stay. Over the past year, we have evolved our brand and product strategy to help us drive brand reappraisal and transformation..
We are building a new global creative and innovation hub in Singapore, and are looking for a forward-thinking, talented and versatile UX Designer for New Ventures that will lead design sprints for innovation projects, bringing new and unique concepts to life. You actively re-imagine the world and can flex from brainstorming a range of ideas and solutions to concisely communicating venture vision to diverse stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you will be comfortable in rapid prototyping and testing, with an eye for continuous learning and trend-spotting. True to the venture spirit, you will be collaborative and hands-on across user research, executing on MVPs and actively managing stakeholders within a cross-functional team.
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. You will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately create an impact.
This role is based in Singapore at Tripadvisor’s APAC headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design sprints for future-forward and ambitious projects for new features or services.
- Run design sprints end-to-end, from crafting the brief and problem space, to rapid prototyping and testing, to quick iterations and pivots, to running workshops and doing presentations to explain the concept.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering team..
- Measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure concept and execution is aligned with strategy and vision
- Leverage your experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences, with a focus on clarity and efficiency.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant product experience designing for a wide range of projects, particularly mobile first
- Experience leading rapid design sprints in ventures, innovation teams / agencies, consultancies, digital product and/or startups.
- Experience at a consumer tech company with strong visual design and UI skills.
- Fluency across design specializations and expertise in one or more of the following areas: prototyping, research, UI, facilitation, design strategy, product management, front end development (creative technologist).
- Optimistic realism to know when to persevere, pivot or kill concepts.
- Solid conceptual thinking, data driven and results oriented.
- A strong sense of ownership, comfortable with ambiguity, and a philosophy that embraces risk and pushes boundaries
Submission of an Industry-leading portfolio is required. One that demonstrates originality, problem-solving, and modernity.