As a Product Designer, you will design successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users, faster. This role can be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, Canada, Germany, Ireland or the UK.
About Design at CircleCI
Design at CircleCI is a multi-disciplinary team that drives a consistent voice and experience through our entire customer and partner network. The team is made up of product designers, visual designers and user researchers who work hand in hand with marketing, product management and engineering to create CircleCI’s industry leading product. If you want a chance to work on a unified brand, marketing, and product vision the CircleCI design team is the right place for you.
- Collaborate with user research to understand our users’ challenges and workflow
- Work cross-functionally with our product and engineering teams to represent design, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Create interactive design prototypes to share and validate designs both internally and externally
- Use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Help plan and participate in user research studies to understand and validate product concepts
- Deliver polished comps and flows and assets
- Help guide, improve, and implement our design process.
- 3+ years of design experience (previous SaaS, enterprise or Developer tool work a huge plus.)
- Ability to think through a user problems, propose solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have the chops to communicate your ideas to our engineers. That said, you can communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience.
- You look for opportunities to solve problems for people in unusual and innovative ways and enjoy working with engineers to ship small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions.
- Experience designing for mobile and web
- Experience doing user research and running usability tests
- A portfolio of work that shows complex and creative UX solutions, great visual design and a solid grasp of information architecture.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS (advanced knowledge a big plus) with a desire/willingness to code.
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio, describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or share your work on a design community (Behance, Dribbble, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.