UI/UX Design Lead
A year ago we started out with the vision of building a next generation sports betting platform focused on performance, reliability, modularity and automation. We believe that our experience paired with today’s technologies, great talent and the agility of a startup environment will enable us to deliver a best-in-class product that meets the demands of the market of tomorrow.
We are now on the lookout for a UI/UX Design Lead who wants to join our distributed team and help us execute our vision.
As our UX/UI Design Lead you will be owning, implementing and leading the UI/UX design for all our products, i.e. primarily client-facing mobile applications or mobile-first web applications, but also internal back office web applications.
Your responsibilities as UI/UX Design Lead at BlueLabs will include:
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to craft great user experiences from discovery to delivery
- Craft lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes that help inform product decisions, primarily for mobile-focused products
- Own the design process end-to-end, including researching, designing, launching, measuring, and iterating to solve customer needs
- Drive innovation by exploring creative ideas that will elevate the product experience with flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant
- Handoff designs and style guides with accurate specs and assets to our Engineering teams
We are hiring for talent, not for a specific location. You will find that members of our team are distributed all over Europe. Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in a European time zone (between UTC-1 and UTC+3). You must also be able to travel to other European locations a few times a year for on-site meetings and workshops.
The base compensation range for this role is €50k-70k annually, depending on your background and experience. It can be subject to an adjustment of up to 15% in either direction if the cost-of-living in your region is far above or below the European average. As an independent contractor you will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees in your country of residence (unless you are based in Malta, in which case you will be employed). In addition to that, we offer a number of perks to each of our team members as we truly believe in a healthy work-life balance and continuous learning.
- 4+ years of professional experience in UI/UX design with a strong background in visual design
- Experience designing complex mobile applications (web or native)
- A robust design portfolio demonstrating your passion for intuitive, beautiful user-centered designs
- Ability to design at all stages of development while integrating ongoing user research, building from sketches and wireframes to prototypes to high fidelity mocks
- You understand technical constraints, their impact, and can adjust your design approach accordingly
- Motion design and illustration skills are a plus
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English