Senior UI/UX Designer
Our vision is to ignite a new product revolution by bringing manufacturing capability into the hands of millions of people. To do this we are building accessible tools to help makers generate income from their work. The tools we build are software and hardware products designed to help businesses do their own manufacturing cost effectively. Our revolutionary, web-based Easel software is easy to use, whether you are new to designing products or familiar with CNC software. When you’re ready to carve, our X-Carve machine empowers users to create products out of a variety of materials ranging from beautiful hardwoods to colorful acrylics.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Inventables is looking for a freelance Senior UI/UX Designer to assist with user experience design for our Easel software. In this role, you will design workflows and user interface elements that help our users manufacture their own products.
This role is a high-impact opportunity to solve challenging and unique user needs. You will work collaboratively and iteratively on a dedicated, in-house team consisting of UX design, product management and software engineers. You will work directly with customers to understand their needs and the impact of our products — as well as indirectly by learning from Inventables' in-house customer success and technical support teams.
- Design sketches, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups of improvements to Easel
- Work closely with the product manager and software engineers on the Easel team
- Conduct research to understand users' needs
- Test and iterate on complex designs
- Keep Easel approachable to new users as it grows in complexity
- Attract new users to Easel by designing for their needs
- Strong UI design skills
- Great at user experience (how it works), good at user interface (how it looks) and good enough at user research (how to learn)
- Experience designing desktop, mobile, or web applications
- Ability to think through, visualize and explain how a design would work from a user's perspective
- Willingness to take a problem or goal from a product manager and run with it, collaborating with engineers along the way
- Asks for design feedback early and iteratively
- Works with software engineers to balance ideal design against implementation complexity
- Proficient in tools like Sketch and InVision
- Proficiency in graphic design, layout, typography and icons
- Familiarity with user metrics and analytics
*No staffing firms please