Senior UX/UI Designer
We’re on the hunt for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our growing Auckland team in our beautiful new offices in downtown Britomart. Please note, in accordance with the COVID-19 Alert levels 3 and 4, this role will based in your home office until we are able to return to our physical Catch office.
You’ll be leading the design execution for a variety of projects, clients and platforms. Our clients, including Mercury, NZOC and 2degrees, provide us with a variety of interesting and challenging projects to work on. This can range from working on the UI design for a product page on a website, to a completely new mobile app. You’ll never get bored here. Variety is the spice of life!
At Catch Design, we place the value and power of design at the very top of our list of attributes. Design is in our name so it would be hard not to. We also don’t take culture lightly. We believe that focusing on our people is our number one priority, as this ultimately shapes who we are. We do what we can to find people that share our values. Essentially, we know that if our people are happy, they produce great work, which makes our clients happy. It’s a really simple equation.
There are certain competencies and experience we expect you to have coming here. This is not a junior position. You should have at least 3 years experience of doing high quality UI work that has been released. We would want to see it and have you tell us about it. We also expect you have at least a basic knowledge and some experience with UX methodologies and processes. UX is a multidisciplinary field however we expect you to be strong within interaction design. If you have more strengths than UI and interaction design; well that’s going to make you a very strong candidate.
- Extremely competitive salary based on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Health insurance
- Your birthday off
- Mobile phone account
A few more things:
- This role is based in Auckland. You need to be in New Zealand currently and already have the right to work here sorted
- We'd love this person to start as soon as possible to allow project handover with our current UX/UI Designer
- We'll politely ask that recruiters not contact us regarding this role or send through unsolicited CVs
To apply, we need the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work with us and why you love working as a designer. Please attach or link to your portfolio if you have those online.
- An up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant work experience.
- At least two references we can contact. Direct managers or leads from your last two roles. We won't call them until things get serious between us... promise.