We’re building Teston, a tool that will take all the hassle out of user testing. Our dream is a world with only user-friendly products, where technology truly serves people of all ages and backgrounds, and supports us in our daily life instead of causing frustration and confusion.
We have a strong user- and customer-focus, and we also care about creating a great work culture for our team. We’re currently small (but growing!) start-up, meaning every person helps shape the way we work together, and the way we build products. Each person has a lot of responsibility, works autonomously, and has a lot of ownership of the product.
Our core values are to:
- Open up
- Being friendly
- Research (we’re a testing company after all!)
If you’re curious about what sort of features we’re looking to build in the future, feel free to check out our public roadmap on Trello! Most of what we build is user-facing in some way, and you’ll play a key role in shaping the experience of the users.
Our team cares about:
- Crafting a tool that makes getting feedback from your users easy, quick, and hassle free, no matter whether you work as a user researcher, marketer, or developer.
- Working in a close-knit, collaborative way in our cross-functional team
- Following a user-centred design process
- Ensuring that user research is a priority and that all our product-related decisions are informed by user insights
- Conduct primary and secondary research to help frame the problem space and gain a deep understanding of how people currently work with user research, especially user testing, and their needs around this
- Work collaboratively in our team of designers, product managers, and developers to ground design and development decisions in user insights
- Give feedback in design reviews and take part actively in design workshops as a key representative of our users’ needs
- Help shape the way we work by creating processes and frameworks around how we do user research to ensure that we stay at the forefront of UX practices
- Help with product prioritisation to make sure that we focus on designing and building the features and functionality that will bring most value to our users
- Analyse and synthesize new and existing research findings, and communicate these out the rest of the team in a clear and actionable way
- Manage our research repository of insights
- Take part in activities and events with our clients where we evangelise and educate them about user research
What we’re looking for:
- 3 years conducting user experience research in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Collaborative, inclusive approach to user research
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews and moderated usability testing
- A portfolio showing relevant research work and deliverables (e.g. workshops, slides, reports, posters - anything that shows how you work and what the results/outcomes were)
- Background in HCI, Psychology and/or UX
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience with unmoderated remote usability testing, survey studies, ethnographic research, diary studies
- Experience with quantitative research methods
- Fluency in German, and/or French
What we offer:
- A chance to make a real impact on a growing product
- Work with a fun, sociable, talented team and an exciting product that's constantly evolving
- Freedom and autonomy to plan your days for optimal work/life balance
- 25 days holiday/year (take out your holiday whenever you want and need to!)
- Insurance (workers’ compensation covered) and pension plan (2% of your salary)
- Phone plan included
- Multi-media club (like a book club, except sometimes we just read articles, watch videos, listen to podcasts, etc.), movie nights and team dinners
- A strategy weekend off-site once a year (when even our remote members join in person!)
- For those of you applying from abroad: if you’re interested in relocating, we can offer a relocation package and lots of helpful advice from the team to make the move smooth and easy.
We are a UserTesting company. UserTesting a fast-growing startup with campuses in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Edinburgh. We make it easy for businesses to understand how customers interact with their digital properties so that they can improve their customer experience. We do this by giving companies on-demand access to people in their exact target market who deliver video, audio, and written feedback on websites, mobile apps, and prototypes. Over 34,000 companies, including Google, Facebook, CBS, Apple, and The Home Depot, use UserTesting to improve their user experience and their bottom line.
Note to recruitment agencies:
We have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL.