Senior Product Researcher
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Product Research and Methodology
Product Research at SurveyMonkey aims to conduct critical research that helps drive strategic decision-making for the company and our products, all informed by a deep understanding of our current and future customers. As a company that creates a research platform for others to use, our researchers are in a unique position to be thought leaders, providing scaled guidance and expertise on a particular use case in our product to millions of users worldwide.
SurveyMonkey is looking for an experienced researcher to build the qualitative research function. You’ll conduct research that helps inform each stage of the product development lifecycle to drive cross-functional decision-making with mountains of evidence.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the growth of the qualitative research discipline on the product research team, while building strong relationships with Product, Design, Marketing, and Strategy
- Designing and conducting research that deepens our understanding of our customers, probing for unmet needs and also identifying opportunities to improve the experience for our users
- Assessing the biggest opportunities for SurveyMonkey to innovate and differentiate across all of our product areas
- Mentoring researchers and educating non-researchers about research best practices
- 6+ years of experience conducting product research, user experience (UX) research, or research in an applied setting
- Expert in qualitative research methods, such as user testing, interviews, focus groups, and card sorting
- Strong understanding of various research methodologies, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Ability to translate business questions to key research objectives, identify the best methodology to execute research, synthesize and analyze findings
- Excellent communicator and storyteller with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in Product, Design, Marketing, and Strategy
- Consistent track record of providing strategic business recommendations that influence product strategy
- Passion for enabling cross-functional teams to increase their understanding of research
- Advanced degree in research, psychology, social sciences, human factors, HCI, or other related field is preferred, but not required
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.