The Megaport Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of the user experience that helps our customers provision and monitor the services delivered by Megaport. The UX/UI Designer will be working with the engineering and product teams to deliver an exceptional customer experience that is intuitive and leads to predictable outcomes.
We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $1.5 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 180 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of user interface design experience with gradually increasing level of experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong background in: the design of products focused at the enterprise IT segment
- Demonstrable UI design and development skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Understanding of modern website development technologies such as single page applications, design systems and component libraries
- Appreciation of website accessibility and knowledge of WCAG and ARIA standards
- Strong visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Understanding of enterprise or cloud networking principles would be a valued skill
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related certification
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
What We Offer
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Flexible working environments
- Cutting-edge software to drive efficient communication and collaboration
- Training and development opportunities
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program and full social calendar
- Opportunity to make a difference
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.