Senior UX Designer
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 200 person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? If so, continue reading!
Were taking Takeoff Technologies to the next level and are looking for a Senior UX / Product Designer to help drive much of the product & UX design internally. As the second member of the design team, we will rely on your product design experience, creative problem-solving skills and strong business & design acumen.
- Build relationships across the organization in all departments to drive cohesive, intuitive, and delightful end-to-end user experiences
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Coordinate with designers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Be a thoughtful voice for our users. Constantly thinking about new and improved use cases and features that will appeal to our users
- Define innovative user interactions that result in improved user productivity
- 5+ years experience in user experience and user interface design including user research & design strategy methods for software products
- Experience designing for both web and mobile applications
- A strong and updated portfolio that demonstrates your design process and expertise with both UX and UI
- Customer centric mindset: having the mindset and experience to understand exactly what customers need and want and continue to put them first
- Strong presentation skills and strong communication skills to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization
- Experience with Agile methodology, including sprint planning, backlog grooming and Agile artifact creation
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Interaction, or equivalent practical experience.
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiave, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and apprecated our coworkers' unique walks of life.