Senior Product Designer
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our billing platform. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design experiences that give businesses around the world an accurate billing platform across different Twilio products. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a mentor to our UX team members in upholding our standards and helping them grow, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- A demonstrated history of successfully mentoring and coaching team members.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Designer on the Billing Platform team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes + Write it Down: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Own and advance the vision for Billing platform products. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results, and coach members to ensure goals are met.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Don’t Settle + Empower Others: Collaborate with and mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products and uplevel our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Twilio Billing Platform team’s mission is to deliver a high quality billing experience to our customers. We aspire to be a trusted and empowered group that collaborates with all of our Product teams to make Twilio the Customer Engagement Platform of choice. We are a diverse group that values open communication and empowering individuals to do their best work. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the user experience for this platform. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Design team plays a critical role in designing the experience that allows our developer community to meet their communication needs. As a Product Designer at Twilio, you will be a part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture and principles.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be in our beautiful office at WeWork Iveagh Court, Block D Harcourt Road, Dublin 2. You will enjoy our incredible perks: Office snacks, order-in lunch, massages, Barista, frequent events, and speakeasy onsite, along with our monthly All Hands gatherings and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.