Degree 53 is an award-winning digital agency, based in Manchester that specialises in crafting user focused multi-channel websites, mobile apps, and back-end solutions for a number of industries, including online gambling, sports, travel, finance and well-being.
We aim to create engaging and exciting products to help businesses improve their services and provide a better experience to their customers. Our mission is to "improve the digital experience for all", so we are looking for a talented UX Designer to join the team on a 3 month Fixed Term Contract basis, to help us achieve this goal by producing sleek, user centric designs across a range of products and devices.
We value collaboration and creativity and want everyone to come up with ideas on how to create the best products for our clients; new and existing.
What will I be doing?
You will sit within the Design team and report to our Design Director. You will have regular design reviews/meetings and you will be working on creative solutions for different products. You will be producing stunning UI Designs for clients and internal projects. Your day will consist of:
- Producing eye-catching work for new business proposals and pitches.
- Taking part in client meetings/workshops and advising on design best practices.
- Following Degree 53’s design process you will sketch out solutions to complex problems, storyboard user journeys, producing ideas and concepts, produce high fidelity wire-frames and prototype and/or test visual designs, depending on the scope of the project.
- You will work closely with a dedicated team from different departments to ensure the final product is delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales.
- You will also carry out a full handover of final, signed-off designs to the development team and carry out regular design reviews with them to make sure the final product is pixel perfect and to the highest quality.
You will have excellent attention to detail. This means your files and folder structures should be neat, tidy and can be picked up by anyone else within the team with ease.
We expect you to stress test and thoroughly evaluate your work prior to it being presented in a design review and/or handed over to the development team. You will also be able to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to different team members across the company.
You must be willing to learn industry standards, best practices and what customers expect.
All your work must be organised and easily accessible by other team members (including Photoshop and Sketch layers) This is of the highest importance during the project as all final designs have to be fit for development.
Being able to take on board constructive feedback and producing an improved solution is a must.
- All of our designs are built within Sketch so we’re looking for someone with at least 2 years’ experience using this tool and someone who can confidently use features such as creating nested symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides and naming layers and groups with correct terminology.
- Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also needed. The main tools we use are Photoshop and Illustrator so being able to use these also is a must in case any visual non-UI work needs creating, such as icons, banners etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive web design and UX design (including research, wire-framing and prototyping).
- Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android etc. is desirable.
- Previous experience designing products that handle lots of data is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary throughout this role.
- Good technical understanding with the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- A good understanding of front-end web development (HTML & CSS). This is so we can produce designs that developers can easily use and understand when implementing our designs.
- Previous experience with analysing data and carrying out user testing across different mediums is desirable.
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Monthly team events
- Generous referral bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Flexi-time (start anywhere between 7.30am-9am -whatever suits you best!)
- Company Pension Scheme
- City Centre Office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles