Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. Our Chairman is Andrew Ng and Dan Jurafsky is a member of our advisory board, both globally recognized leaders in AI/NLP.
We are poised to redefine how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. Your ability to work with product and analytics teams to craft compelling stories using data will help provide the fuel that gets us there.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
- As the world adapts to unprecedented circumstances and a global increase in mental health issues, Woebot is one of the few companies operating at the cutting edge of addressing these problems at scale.
- With full ownership over how the user research practice is shaped at Woebot; your work will be directly impacting the mental health of people across the globe.
- Work with, and learn from some of the best psychologists in the country.
- You’ll be responsible for research across the entire end to end user experience, not solely restricted to screen interactions. e.g. working with clinical research, thinking about the wider healthcare ecosystem, competitive analysis and growth.
- As a trusted advisor to the product, design, engineering, clinical and leadership teams and your work will directly inform and shape product direction.
How You’ll Thrive
- Week 1 you’ll enjoy a warm welcome from the team and meet with some of your key teammates.
- In your First 3 Weeks, you’ll familiarize yourself with the product, problem space and our most important user types.
Fall In Love With The Problem Space
- Within your First 30 days you’ve built a working knowledge of the people across the wider team, their expertise and begin to define opportunities for collaboration.
- By Day 30 you’ll successfully lead and present a thorough research gap analysis by working with the product team.
- You will also review our current user knowledge base, identify research opportunities, and carry out small scale user research projects.
Help Drive Product & Design Innovation
- By Day 45 you will be fully embedded into the product team and have established a solid working process with stakeholders - particularly product, design, analytics and product marketing.
- By Day 60 you are carrying out regular user testing, customer interviews, and communicating insights back to the team in a way that’s compelling and actionable.
Develop Long Term Research Programs
- By Day 90 your research work will have had measurable impacts on user and business goals. This will directly help shape our product roadmap and strategy.
- Within Year 1 you will deliver and take ownership of the long term vision for UX research at Woebot.
- Year 1 and beyond you will lead the role of product research at Woebot - ensuring the user perspective is part of everyday conversation across the entire company.
- Your research will fuel vital decision making for our product development, market positioning, messaging, and go to market strategies.
Role Specific Competencies
- An ability to prioritize research work appropriately, manage multiple work streams, and balance parallel tracks of short-term and long-term thinking.
- An ability to build strong partnerships with distributed cross functional teams (product, design, analytics, content, clinical, eng.)
- Experience in a wide variety of research methodologies and knowing which tools are right for a specific job e.g. surveys, diary studies, user interviews, field research, usability testing etc.
- Capable of blending a mixture of quantitative and qualitative data to craft cohesive and compelling stories.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the wider team and level up their knowledge of Woebot users and the research practice.
Our Core Values
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Take pride in your work and apply high standards toward everything.
- Strong work ethic: Work hard to get the job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks & Meals
- Employee Volunteer Program
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status