Lead Product Designer
“There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” - George Bernard Shaw
Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you just might love foodpanda.
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online. With hundreds of restaurants ready to receive orders via our website and mobile app, no one should have to suffer from the lack of variety or long queues to enjoy great food.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Lead Product Designer (UI/UX) interested in joining the Product team to design our next generation of web applications. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to not only contribute to the design effort, but also lead other designers as well!
You will be based in our exciting Singapore office to support our growing regional Product team. You will also be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
Does that sound like you?
- Manage executions across all phases of design work: define conceptual foundations, UX flows, applying visual design systems, prototypes, participate or conduct usability testing, creation of production-ready designs and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation
- Collaborate with peers in other design teams and contribute to the global design community
- Inspire, push creativity and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for design related projects
- Be involved in the hiring process and on boarding of new team members
- Lead by example: bring the same energy and high quality work to your roles as you expect from fellow designers
- Help make sure we are providing the most comprehensive solutions by fully understanding the problem areas, taking into account the different market expectations, history and stakeholders feedback
- Advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate, foster a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, business and engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience managing or leading other designers in a product company, e-commerce or hyperlocal industry
- Expert level understanding and communication of UX
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing web apps
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey design decisions to stakeholders across all departments
- Expertise in UI and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows and UX architecture
- Ability to perform research including- competitor analysis, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, guerrilla testing etc.
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Sketch and other prototyping and design tools
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Visual/ Graphic design in depth knowledge and experience