We are searching for an experienced UX/UI Designer who can help us build the Farm.One web/mobile presence into a significantly larger platform, and help us fulfill the full potential of our brand as we expand to new cities and internationally.
The design challenge is to bring all our different components together — events, tours, classes, ecommerce, apps, internal software, chef sales / wholesale — into a cohesive, on-brand design experience.
Going forward, once this is in place, the role is to keep building our platform, whether focusing on specific software functionality, or creating campaigns, or working with motion graphics for our online content. Farm.One is growing, and we are looking for a UX/UI Designer who can help us achieve that vision through thoughtful design thinking, and the application of great design.
- Must be able to create simple, thoughtful design for today's online audience, which speaks clearly and looks great
- 4-5 years experience designing for premium brands online, for desktop and mobile
- Must be a real design thinker - help us organize information for the user and communicate effectively
- Must be able to work closely and collaboratively with a developer on one side and a marketer on the other
- Must be able to understand, follow and build on our brand guidelines
- Must be able to create clean XHTML/CSS/SCSS code
- Must be a great remote communicator through Slack, Videoconf and other tools
- Must love plants and food
- Use of Figma or Sketch strongly preferred (because they make our lives easier)
- Good writing skills strongly preferred (because design is about communication)
- Ability to create simple motion graphics and prototypes (because today's design is alive)
This is a contract position initially, with the opportunity to convert to full-time dependent on performance.
We embrace remote / distributed work.
Our company's strength comes from its diversity.
Full-time Farm.One employees enjoy a 401k, health insurance, dental, vision, life and other insurance, and paid time off.