backstitch, recently named one of Kansas City's "Top Startups to Watch", is an Enterprise SaaS employee communications and engagement software platform. We work with some of the largest brands and employers in restaurants, healthcare, manufacturing, and consumer products to better inform, educate and empower their most important audience, their own employees.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to help optimize the usability of our software platform consisting of multiple web and mobile app products. We are looking for a forward-thinking creative individual that is extremely organized with excellent communication skills. This role will require partnering and collaborating closely with multiple teams to plan product direction, collect customer-driven feedback, and define engineering scope.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Customer Success and Engineering teams to transform common user activities into simple and enjoyable digital experiences.
- Manage all steps of an iterative design process from Scoping, Research, Design, and Feedback/Testing.
- Translate research into User Flow Diagrams, Wireframes, Mockups and Interactive Prototypes.
- Maintain both platform-wide and product-wide Design Systems.
- Contribute to product roadmap planning with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Strong understanding of either Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD for designing user interfaces.
- Experience with either Sketch Prototyping, Framer, or InVision Studio for developing user experiences.
- Proficient in developing flow charts around user workflows.
- Ability to understand and balance the needs of the Business and different levels of Product Users (owners, champions, administrators, common).
- Comfortable working closely and clearly communicating with different teams in a professional setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- At least 2+ years working in a digital product designer role.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating UI/UX experience and understanding.
Bonus Points for
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of responsive design and developing interfaces that scale across multiple devices.
- Using InVision for design project management and workflow.
- Experience in writing User Stories and conducting interviews.
Benefits and Perks
- Revenue-based Bonus Structure.
- Company Stock Options.
- Flexible Schedule and Uncapped Vacation.
- 100% Employer Covered Medical Plan.
- Casual Modern Office in the KC Crossroads District.
- Bountiful Company-Provided Snack Options.
- Company Provided 15” Macbook Pro, iPad w/ Pencil and Workstation with Standing Desk and Dual External Monitors.