Product Designer (UI/UX)
ChefHero is a market network that connects food wholesalers and vendors to restaurants. Our online platform makes it easy for chefs, restaurateurs, and other buyers to purchase items.
About the Role:
At ChefHero we are building a world-class food service product and we need a forward-thinking Product Designer to join our team in Toronto. You have a passion for playing around with a variety of design concepts to improve and expand on user experience based on customer research. You live for for excellent design and innovation, and you obsess over the slightest details in order to deliver the highest quality of work. Just like everyone else at ChefHero, you’ll get hands on experience with the product you’re building, surrounded by a world-class team of entrepreneurs, engineers, and food obsessed individuals.
- Leverage market research, user testing, and UX best practices to create user-centered solutions
- Collaborate with our Product Managers to define high level requirements for product development
- Work closely with our engineering team to execute on design goals and iterate on feedback from our users
- Conduct research and brainstorming sessions to develop user flows and compelling user experiences
- Propose new features and improvement opportunities, and prioritize on effective and actionable designs
- Validate designs through usability testing
- Keep up-to-date with UX best practices, trends, and developments
- Advocate for great user experience throughout the whole company
- All other duties as assigned within the scope and spirit of the position
- 2+ years working experience as a Product or UX Designer
- A solid portfolio of work demonstrating UX and visual design skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience working with lean and agile design processes, rapid prototyping, and the ability to jump into any tool of the trade (Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Invision, Principle, etc.)
- Experience designing across multiple platforms and understanding modern design patterns for Web, iOS, and Android
- The ability to design interactions, flows, and experiences that are simple
- Experience designing/using a design system is considered an asset
We're also looking for people who...
- Can work in a fast paced startup environment, and are able to stick to and meet deadlines
- Have been a part of a team that has successfully shipped a digital product
- Can easily tell the difference between a ‘good’ experience from ‘great’
- Focus on defining the problem first, to ensure the solution is right for users
While the best benefits are learning a ton and loving your job, we also offer:
- Full health, life and dental benefits
- Daily lunch via Ritual credit
- Minimum vacation. We insist you take a minimum of 3 weeks annually, but feel free to take more
- Parental leave benefits
- A team that values a positive, diverse and growth-oriented environment
At ChefHero we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us at (647)-930-0210.