Lead Service Designer
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is searching for an experienced Service & UX Designer to join our Buyer Experience Team in San Francisco!
This role partners strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, analysts, customer advocates, content designers and designers in building and improving the buyer journey. Our team drives the product vision, strategy and buying experience on www.atlassian.com and its role as an information hub to other Atlassian web properties. You will be empowered to innovate and transform the experience of our users as they purchase, augment and manage our products.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead the design process across our buyer journeys
- Utilize service design to deliver seamless learn, buy, expand, augment the buying experience
- Work with our Commerce and Product teams to create a clear, understandable experience from choosing products or solutions to onboarding and paying for them
- With your cross-functional team, develop a keen understanding of our potential users and their needs–whether through user research, problem unpacking, or sketching/visualization
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to drive and inform the experience across the buyer's journey
- From this understanding, you'll design experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers' goals and Atlassian's products and solutions
- Through ideation and experimentation, be the champion of experience improvements across Atlassian's purchasing flows
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- An updated and polished portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience and interaction design with informed empathy for the user. This is key for us.
- 5-8+ years of professional UX design experience under your belt, ideally for e-commerce and purchasing in a B2B setting.
- Demonstrated love of the open iterative design process – constantly sketching, showing messy work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, growing, and shipping customer value some more.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize helpful feedback, and facilitate design discussions.
- Experience with strategies for utilizing data and user feedback to drive awesome digital experiences.
- Bonus points for experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve established customer and business outcomes.
More about our team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from discovery and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. You will join a smart team that is passionate about creating the best user experience possible, and committed to delivering what users need to manage and maintain our products. We challenge each other constantly, asking the 'hard questions' to improve our work. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean', with a strong flair for innovation.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.