Senior UX Designer
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. As a member of the Experience Design team, you will shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform valuable, elegant, and engaging. As a Senior UX Designer, you will apply principles of design thinking to conceptualize and create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our web and mobile apps. You will represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure new designs that meet people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
This role is located in our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the Principal UX Design Manager.
Who We Are:
- We are a large and growing Experience Design Team of UX Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, UX Writers, and Customer Experience Architects who love what we do and help our customers love what they do!
- We’re an authentic and passionate bunch who partner with our product teams to help guide product strategy but also come together often as an XD team to support each other in driving our holistic experience vision forward.
- We are setting the experience bar for enterprise applications so our customers feel empowered, inspired and connected.
What You'll Do:
- Gain an understanding of Automation user needs and goals and communicate them with diverse product teams.
- Create understanding across product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business goals and technical constraints.
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables.
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback.
- Create visually stunning interfaces that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of the user interface throughout the development process.
- Rapidly iterate on prototypes and designs to A/B test and experiment on the most effective solutions.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years experience designing exceptional experiences for complex, data-driven web and mobile applications.
- Passion and interest in solving complex design problems.
- Passion for the field of User Experience. We work in a collaborative environment, but you're also responsible for your own work.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Experience with designing simple solutions for complex problems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities.
- Expert in Sketch, Axure, Principal, or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Help teams across the organization, including Product Management and Engineering, gain alignment on user, business, and technical needs.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision - 100% company-paid premiums for employees and all dependents
- Life Insurance, long term/short term disability. Flexible Spending Account
- 15 days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, Flexible sick leave, 12 weeks paid Parental Leave (+4 weeks unpaid)
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Opportunities for professional growth, including free Audible Membership, Free LinkedIn Learning Membership
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!