At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer, designer and product manager.
Product Designer (Internal Product), APAC
We are looking for a talented UX designer to help us create and improve the overall experience for our users. We believe that good design, that supports staff, vendors or riders, to do their best work, can play a part in increasing happiness and satisfaction. Our Internal products designers work primarily on designing and building tools that can help customer service agents chat with customers, our vendors to find information, and perform all the actions that relate to their menus. Designing and building internal tools that help our users do their best work at speed will help us achieve our goal.
Our aim is to design and build tools that will be intuitive and easy to use. As part of our Internal tools designer guild, you’ll be assigned a specific agile team (we called them squads) which includes a product manager, engineers and yourself as the dedicated product designer. You’ll be in charge of end-to-end user experience and interface insight and design, which means you get to learn fast, and have a huge impact. Working in an internal product squad is almost like being in a startup within foodpanda. It’s complex products, with a diverse range of users which you’ll get a chance to work closely with across the product life cycle.
What's on the menu:
- Execute across all phases of design work: define conceptual foundations, execute UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, participate or conduct usability testing, create production-ready designs and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation
- Collaborate with peers in other design teams and contribute to the global design community
- Inspire, push creativity and identify industry best practices for user experience within your team
- Ensure that the quality of implementation meets design requirements
What you can bring to the table:
- At least 3 years of experience in user experience design
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing web apps
- In-depth understanding in visual and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, sitemaps
- Familiarity with user research including moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Sketch and other prototyping and design tools such as InVision, Illustrator and Photoshop required
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.