As the first designer to join the team, you will be shaping the entire customer experience and visual language of our pioneering blockchain certification service for art and collectables. You will design cross-platform on web, mobile app and Shopify, redefining our core journeys for artists, collectors and galleries and tackling topics like authenticity, trustworthiness and community-building. You will also support our marketing efforts by evolving Verisart’s brand identity across social media and print and the launch our new Fair Trade Art Certificate.
You’ll work on all aspects of the product design from early-stage user research through to growth and optimisation. The main responsibilities are in 3 areas:
Visual design (UI and graphic design)
- Take ownership of and evolve the Brand Visual Identity (BVI) to ensure consistency between marketing and in-product experience
- Extend our existing brand guidelines to establish a design system across multiple platforms (web, mobile app, Shopify and social)
- Build the brand for our new Fair Trade Art Certificate
- Design marketing materials for print, web and social media
- Design the user interaction for key functionality using recognised design patterns
- Build prototypes to test new features, flows and designs
- Collaborate closely with developers to define and refine their work and quickly tackle blocking questions that come up during implementation
- Iterate on existing user flows to drive specific user behaviours and outcomes
User research and usability testing
- Support research to ensure we deeply understand our customers’ “job to be done”
- Analyse data to identify customer pain points and devise solutions to address them
- Regularly conduct usability testing of your designs and prototypes
Initially, the focus will be on getting ready for full public release and the launch of the Fair Trade Art Certificate, so there will be lots to do. You’ll be directly involved with defining the product strategy and go-to-market plan. There is tremendous potential to grow and flex your design muscles in this role and develop skills and experience to take on a senior or lead product design role.
You’re an ambitious mid-level Product Designer with 3-5 years experience. You’re comfortable switching between digital UI/UX and print graphic design and between desktop and mobile. You can demonstrate how your previous designs have driven specific customer behaviours with measurable results. This might be registration, creation, conversion or other actions. Ideally, you can quantify the contribution of your design towards a specific goal.
You are proficient with a suite of tools for digital and print design tools, especially Sketch, Figma, InVision, InDesign and are comfortable using Jira, Slack and Notion as part of an agile product team. You are resilient and up for the challenge of helping the team forge new territory in the art+tech space. You have strong and well-reasoned opinions about design based on your previous experience and data, but you’re also flexible willing to pivot when new information comes to light.
Please note that once Covid-19 lockdown lifts, this will be a full-time, co-located role based in our London office. (We’re currently working remotely.) We are prioritising candidates already in the UK.
Who we are
Verisart is a VC-funded digital certification platform applying blockchain technology to transform the arts and collectables market. We believe in giving people the power to run real-time verification of provenance and new ways to store and transfer value. We’re building a decentralized title registry and exploring new types of ownership and methods of cultural participation. For more information, please visit verisart.com.
Competitive salary and stock options with the opportunity to shape the use of blockchain technology for the art and collectables market. Passionate co-workers and a lively workspace in central London.