Peerspace is on a mission to bring people together, starting with making it easy to find and book the perfect places to meet, create, and celebrate. Our Airbnb-like marketplace uncovers the world’s most unique spaces - such as lofts, rooftops, and art galleries - and makes them bookable for meetings, events, and film or photo shoots.
Over 2 million people have attended activities booked in Peerspace locations, and we’re looking for people who want to help us reach the next 10 million.
For those of us at Peerspace, it's our goal to make every unique space a potential source of inspiration and creativity for businesses and professionals across the world. For us to fully realize this dream we're going to have to be the first to solve some very difficult problems that exist in the short-term real estate market. That's where you come in.
We need that one-of-a-kind problem solver who can deeply empathize with the issues that guests and hosts currently face, uncover the latent needs that are unmet in the market, and help us create engaging user-experiences that replace the current frustrations with delight. As a Product Designer, you will use every tool at your disposal to build an amazing product -- depending on the day this might be attending user research activities with our customers, creating wireframes to model and communicate a user flow, building an interactive prototype, getting to pixel-level perfection in a mockup, or sitting side-by-side with an engineer during implementation of your designs. You will work on a variety of projects, from conceptual to tactical to growth. Your work will actually ship, every two weeks. You will have a direct impact in our customers’ experience and the overall trajectory of the business.
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers, and the executive leadership team
- Develop creative ideas and concepts together with the team
- Rapidly sketch, prototype, provide options, articulate UX/UI tradeoffs, and iterate quickly
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes and polished designs
- Explore and promote new and promising design trends
- Lead design reviews with company leadership and provide expertise on how design can drive business results
- Drive design through data, build methods to collect and analyze data from user interactions, run/attend experiments and user interviews
- Translate design decisions into style guides, patterns and reusable components for other teammates to use to build the product
- Implement strategies for standardizing design patterns across the site to speed development velocity across the team
- Work directly with our engineers, delivering assets and assistance in building fully functional user interfaces
- Help build a culture that promotes and values design throughout the organization
- Portfolio of relevant past work that demonstrates the skills required for this position
- 2+ years of design experience as an individual contributor
- Experience in designing across multiple platforms and responsive applications that can fit screen sizes for mobile, tablet, laptop, and desktop
- Strong design portfolio (please include this with your application)
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Mastery of Adobe and Sketch design tools
- Comfortable collaborating with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary with employee stock options and access to 401k and FSA
- Medical coverage subsidized by Peerspace
- Dental, vision, and disability coverage provided at no cost by Peerspace
- Apple laptop, 4K display, and monthly cell phone credit
- Frequent company events and quarterly offsites (in Peerspace locations, of course)
- Take-it-when-you-need-it vacation and sick days
- A flexible work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Weekly catered lunch
- $500 annual professional development allowance
- 20% discount on all Peerspace bookings
Peerspace is a marketplace that makes planning gatherings - starting with finding the perfect space - simple. Whether it’s a loft for a party, a rooftop for a film shoot, or an art gallery for a meeting, Peerspace empowers people to create one-of-a-kind experiences at any price point. Our marketplace makes it easy for individuals and businesses to monetize their underutilized space and share it with an audience of millions.
Founded in 2014, Peerspace is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago. The company’s investors include Google Ventures, Foundation Capital, and Structure Capital.