Intermediate UX Designer
Polymorph is a team of multidisciplinary individuals who build great software products. Our environment can be high pressure from time to time, but we always try to have fun!
We’re serious about delivering products that unlock the value in our client’s data and processes. We value great user experiences and work to build internal value through IoT and our own research and development.
We are part of a larger family of companies within the Alphawave group, based in Technopark, Stellenbosch.
We’re looking for a junior to intermediate UX designer. You will
- Join a team of designers and researchers to solve a variety of user-centered problems for product development
- Work with a project-based agile software team, including a Project manager/Product Manager, Developers, User Tester, etc.
The position requires knowledge of and experience in user interface design and user experience principles. Polymorph’s Design & User Research team follows a process based on Design Thinking and Lean principles. The following are detailed competencies needed for the position.
- CV & Portfolio of design work
- A tertiary qualification in Multimedia and/or UI Design and/or UX Design
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in UX Design or related design field.
- Data visualization
- HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, React
- Responsive web design
The short-term outcome of the position is to join a product development team as designer, working closely with the researcher and product manager.
The medium-term outcome is to
- Grow your skills as a UX Designer with a variety of problems to solve, and a variety of disciplines to collaborate with.
- Integrate with the larger design team and collaborate in continuously improving the design process and service in Polymorph.
- Work within a strong growing team
- Innovative, fast-paced and fun work environment
- Flexible, results oriented culture
- Daily meals & great coffee at the office