Lead Product Designer
As a Lead Product Designer at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
We’re an international scale-up, we’re busy! If fast-paced environments, cross-team exposure, inquisitive freedom, and the ability to have a real impact on rapidly growing scale-up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
As a design team, we work closely and collaboratively, everyone's input and opinion are shared to help us all create the best work for our members. We’re on a journey to create an exceptional team across multiple geographies that will create the highly useful and delightful to become the ‘financial operating system’ for SMEs by providing the features and services that businesses need.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll work across our consumer apps, ios, android, and web. You’ll work with the product and engineering teams on our ambitious and rapidly scaling products. You’ll take the design lead on a product area/s and work within a focused team - as well as contributing to Tide’s design systems and overall user experience.
You will have the responsibility to mentor a small team of product designers and design ownership of the product (or family of products) that you work on. You will also interact with our most senior stakeholders, up to the executive level.
If you love what you do, are driven and passionate, then we want to hear from you. Because Tide is about doing what you love.
- Able to demonstrate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Experience elevating processes to a higher design standard across the organization
- Experience in mentoring and line-managing product design reports
- Participate in design critiques to ensure the best UX and quality across Tide products
- Designing and specifying user interfaces, information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
- Analyze tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, product owners, UX writers and developers
- Representing Tide at external design events
- Contribute to the definition, scope and phasing of project timelines within an Agile framework within an OKR process
- Love to solve problems and be challenged
- A great communicator who can clearly articulate verbally or written design decision backed up with data and
- A solid portfolio featuring case studies of product design work
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and articulate design decisions
- The ability to take ownership of the design process, influence it and driving meaningful change
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviors
- Strong design skills across iOS, Android and web platforms
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Invision, Adobe CS
- A self-starter who brings their ‘A -game’ of ideas and approaches to each project they work on
- You understand how to balance user experience with business goals
- You seek out data for decision making and have experience conducting or supporting user research.
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
- You have experience with atomic design systems, components, and style guides.
With over 180,000+ members, we're the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real-world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SMEs have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in. With quick on-boarding, low fees, and innovative features, we thrive on making data-driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for, winner of Best Use of Technology (Growth Finance Awards); Best Banking Provider (Contracting Awards); Innovative Product of the Year (Growth Finance Awards) and we’re listed in the Top 100 FinTech Disruptors and The Startups 100. And that’s just for 2019.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion...
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here.
About The Perks
Here at Tide, not only do we love what we do, but we love the people who do it. That’s why we look after our Tideans with:
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality Healthcare, including discounted gym and even free cinema tickets!
- Mental wellbeing - we take this seriously. You will have access to unlimited access to CBT and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal learning and training allowance for your continued development
- Enhanced family friendly leave so you can spend more time with the little ones
- Paid volunteering and charity work days - get paid for giving back with organisations of your choice
- Salary sacrifice options
- Sabbatical leave
- Extra holiday buy-ins