Head of UX Design
Location: Vilnius, Kaunas, Berlin, Warsaw, Istanbul or London – you choose!
What is TransferGo?
TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech brand, offering online money transfers to over 50 countries across the world with high speed, low fees and no hassle. We’re a multilingual bunch of people, working from offices in London, Vilnius, Kaunas, Berlin, Istanbul and Warsaw – and we’re still growing!
Why we need a Head of UX Design
At TransferGo, we’re on a mission to make moving money globally as quick and simple as sending a text. And we’re at the beginning of a transformational journey – we’re evolving our product from pure remittance into a suite of financial tools for our customers. This is an exciting evolution that will link research, product and design with great engineering to create new value for our customers.
Building these products requires us to think about customers more than ever. We’re going to solve new problems for them and become a trusted partner, not just for money transfers but for day-to-day banking. Having a strong user experience that delivers convenience and simplicity, and that builds trust, is essential to succeed.
With offices in London, Vilnius, Kaunas, Berlin, Warsaw, and Istanbul—and wanting our UX design team to be close to our customers—we’re flexible as to which of our offices you call home.
Here’s what you’ll be doing as Head of UX Design:
- This role will shape the product from inception to design working side by side the product and research teams
- Lead the team of Product Designers to make sure the philosophy of simplicity is applied all round
- Use the qualitative information from the Research team, making sure we translate those insights into usable outcomes
- Develop high-level wireframes and guide the team in the detailed design process
- Create prototypes for new ideas, innovative ways of solving problems that can be used for user testing
- Be a coach to the designers and product team; being an advocate for simplicity and leading by example in creating a great experience for customers
You’ll report to our CTO.
Here’s what we’d love from our new Head of UX Design:
- The number one requirement is customer obsession, it’s about creating experiences that delight customers, every day
- Relentless focus on simplification - look for innovative ways to create uncomplicated value
- Balance data with an opinion - have beliefs and principles about what great experience is, but show humility to trust data if you’re proven wrong
- Curiosity - always search for new ways, look in unconventional places for inspiration
- Experimental attitude - innovate using novel ideas for new problems
- 5+ years of experience in mobile product design
- Strong English skills (written and spoken) is a must
- Experience with product management
- Experience working with Fintech or Gambling products is a plus
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way.
We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits are:
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community
- A competitive salary package
- Private health insurance (after 6 months of employment)
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home
- The opportunity to learn with a company that is rapidly growing, along with a guaranteed training budget of €1,000
- A friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment (pet-friendly office, team events, tasty snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings, a fun budget and events)