Senior UX/Product Designer
In an effort to better serve our 100+ million registered hourly workers and over 470,000 employer locations, Snagajob is currently looking for a Senior UX/Product Designer. At Snagajob we’re on a mission to make the lives of hourly workers, job seekers and employers better by living up to our vision: to create a world where anyone can get the work or workforce they want, wherever and whenever they want it. We’re exploring new concepts, creating new products and reimagining the way hourly job seekers and employers connect. We have a long, successful history as a job board, have embraced the gig economy, and we’re now on a path to create and deliver a true self-service marketplace for hourly work.
As the Senior UX/Product Designer, you’ll collaborate with a core team to design consumer-focused products supporting and shaping the hourly workforce marketplace. This role reports to the Director of Product and UX Design and can be based remotely or in our Richmond or Arlington, VA or Charleston, SC office.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Partner with other product and UX designers, product managers, developers and marketing strategists to connect the dots between job seekers, hired talent, employers and our business needs with strong, innovative design solutions
- Create visual artifacts (wireframes, prototypes, sketches) essential for discovery; lead discovery and user research sessions, engage our audiences, and craft world class product experiences that reflect standards of our brand and the platforms we support (Desktop/Responsive Web/Android/iOS)
- Develop a deep understanding of Snagajob’s core audiences and leverage it in the development of your vision
- Think creatively, easily changing gears in order to provide varied approaches and ideas. Engage in constructive feedback and discussion-making while preserving and enhancing team dynamics
- Contribute to Snagajob’s design vision, standards and processes to ensure a consistent, compelling and evolving user experience in a rapid product development cadence
- Practitioner of base UX and design skills:
- User and stakeholder research
- Task-based usability testing
- Interaction design – sketches, wireframes, prototypes
- Visual design – understanding of current and forward thinking trends, patterns, and software
- Design solutions tailored to and for all platforms
- Compelling presentation and storytelling
What You’ll Bring
- In-house experience as a member of a product design team; focus on a marketplace product strongly preferred
- Experience with consumer acquisition (search, browse, convert) design solutions
- Intellectual curiosity and drive; self-starters will thrive in this position
- A portfolio that demonstrates clear problem solving and associated solutions
- Experience creating effective multi-platform design solutions that leverage best practices while staying on-brand
- A passion for staying up-to-date on current industry-best UX and design principles and trends, particularly for mobile (apps & mobile web)
- A passion for people, not just design
- Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills allowing you to work closely with and influence a cross-functional team
- Fluency in Sketch, InVision, Craft and UserTesting.com
- Experience working on Agile teams, using traditional SCRUM methods
- Experience helping build, contribute to and maintain style guides and pattern libraries
- Strength using rich prototyping tools i.e.; Axure, Framer
- A love for discovery
- The ability to live by Snagajob’s core values - solidarity, candor, unconvention, fire - by being an ally, speaking hard truths, questioning the status quo, and always doing whatever it takes to meet our mission of putting people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives
At Snagajob, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. Snagajob is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire gives us the opportunity to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products and our community.
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, PTO, paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. What Snaggers love most is our commitment to work-life blend and the amazing leaders who are dedicated to helping their teams grow personally and professionally. Snagajob promotes a culture of community and support, so once a Snagger, always a Snagger. We pride ourselves on keeping it real and not being afraid to challenge the status quo.
Snagajob, the country’s largest and fastest-growing platform for hourly work, connects more than 100 million registered job seekers with employment opportunities at 470,000 employer locations in the US and Canada. Snagajob’s mission is to put people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. Through Snagajob, workers gain the flexibility of working when and where they choose while employers are assured every shift stays filled. For more information, visit www.Snagajob.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.